ooooooooooo

High Boost Circut Engine Code P0238

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey everyone, I had for over a year an engine code P0238. I looked it up and I'm getting a false high reading on my boost. I replaced the boost sensor and it didn't fix it. The repair book said after replacing the boost sensor if the problem isn't still fix it could be through process of elimination either the ECM went bad or wiring issue.

my question is has this happened to anyone else who had this engine code? If so how did you fix it?

My Roxor still produces decent boost though its about 30% decrease in overall performance.

For reference my 2020 roxor has the following:
2.7 Custom max tune from DF
Intake correction
Intercooler kit
EGR Delete
RX41
Electric fan on a manual toggle switch
High-air flow Intake

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If no one on here has the answer, reach out to Wade at Diesel Freak, there is a good chance he can give you some good advice on this. Also, as far as I know Wade has not developed a tune for the 2.7L that is used in the 2023 and 2024 models, so I am unclear on the tune that you have for the 2.7L engine. If you do have an early prototype tune from Wade on a 2.7L engine, your issue might be something that Wade needs to update on the tune to correct. Also, I have not been able to find any code reader that will read the codes on the 2.7L.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If no one on here has the answer, reach out to Wade at Diesel Freak, there is a good chance he can give you some good advice on this. Also, as far as I know Wade has not developed a tune for the 2.7L that is used in the 2023 and 2024 models, so I am unclear on the tune that you have for the 2.7L engine. If you do have an early prototype tune from Wade on a 2.7L engine, your issue might be something that Wade needs to update on the tune to correct. Also, I have not been able to find any code reader that will read the codes on the 2.7L.
I have a 2.5L engine with a 2.7 max tune. I reached out to him, we decided that I send my ECM in. But it'd be nice to see if anyone else had this unique problem

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Waiting to hear about this. I had the exact same problem come up 2 weeks ago. Please keep us posted. I was literally about to order a new sensor tonight. Idk about yours mine came on. Got home and read it then cleared it. Cranked the roxor and code immediately came back on. Is that how yours went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Waiting to hear about this. I had the exact same problem come up 2 weeks ago. Please keep us posted. I was literally about to order a new sensor tonight. Idk about yours mine came on. Got home and read it then cleared it. Cranked the roxor and code immediately came back on. Is that how yours went?

yes that is how mine went, I did two boost sensors incase if the first one was faulty. I believe I may have a wiring issue, especially since I have a lot of aftermarket parts on the Roxor. My mechanic also believes it is wiring; however, since wiring can be tricky I decided to cross off all other possible failure points prior to having my mechanic look at my wiring.

I sent my ECM in to Wade to verify it is in good working order.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

What is your engine configuration, is it still factory original or is it heavily modified?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All the same as you except the high flow intake, electric fans. I do have the intake connection from df and I think his 2.6 tune

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All the same as you except the high flow intake, electric fans. I do have the intake connection from df and I think his 2.6 tune

I forgot to mention I had Wade reprogram the Idel rpms to 950 instead of the usual 850 rpms. Really brings out that RX41 whistle

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I forgot to mention I had Wade reprogram the Idel rpms to 950 instead of the usual 850 rpms. Really brings out that RX41 whistle

I think you did tell me that. Any word from wade yet?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think you did tell me that. Any word from wade yet?

He checked my ECM and it didn't have any codes on it. So the ECM and the boost sensor wasn't the issue. Next thing I must assume to be bad is a wiring somewhere.....this is what I get for doing so much aftermarket modifications. My next roxor would be minimally modified, as I noticed every modification I have made gave me an issue once before. I believe I have all the bugs worked out with the exception of the boost wiring

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
He checked my ECM and it didn't have any codes on it. So the ECM and the boost sensor wasn't the issue. Next thing I must assume to be bad is a wiring somewhere.....this is what I get for doing so much aftermarket modifications. My next roxor would be minimally modified, as I noticed every modification I have made gave me an issue once before. I believe I have all the bugs worked out with the exception of the boost wiring

Hmm I gotcha. I guess I have been fortunate then. What other issues with things have you had?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
1)

This one is more of a consumer complaint: Xtc canceling lights wasn't plug and play until extensive modifications had to be made

2)

Had to install 2 different sets of rx41 due to incompetent mechanics not knowing how to put the first one in the first time

3)

Electric fan temp sensor went bad and killed my battery, problem solved by placing a manual toggle switch for radiator fan

4)

I had to chase my tail for about 3 months trying to find out what the heck was this gear grinding metal violent screeching sounds that would occur every 2 to 5 minutes. Turns out my left warn hub cap was missing a retention spring some how, and had my front axel half lock/half unlock. I had no idea how I could lose a retention spring, as it's physically impossible. I'm wondering how this happened, as i drove approximately 25k miles free of issues with my warn manual hubs.

Since my left driver's warn hub cap was the one missing the retention spring, such a critical safety necessity. it would cause all the "violent loud screeching metal banging sounds" to the right of the roxor. we dissected everything to the right of the roxor, including transmission, front gear box, rear gear box, right axel, turbo, front right wheel bearing. Ultimately, the hub caps from a superficial layer were on 4×2; however, it wasn't completely in 4×2 as I was missing the retention spring to engage the left axel. So all this caused the problems to the right side of the roxor; however, my true problem was on my left side of the roxor, despite hearing godzilla to the right of my roxor.

5)

My intercooler metal pipe was rubbing one of the engine support cross bar. That continual ever so slight rubbing had caused the metal intercooler pipe to loose a small chip of paint and minimal metal loss. Luckily this problem was caught before there was a boost leak

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Now I'm at 33k miles. I'm averaging 12,000 to 15,000 miles a year. 60% city miles and 40% highway miles

Wow! That me be the most miles I have seen. I’m only at about 8500. Let me know if you are able to diagnose the code

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow! That me be the most miles I have seen. I’m only at about 8500. Let me know if you are able to diagnose the code

I will get to the bottom of it, but according to the manual and process of elimination all there is left is the wiring. At least for me, you could have a bad ecm or boost sensor instead of wiring issues