ooooooooooo

Engine stalling

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We have a 2020 roxor that we bought new from dealer, that dealer said had been tuned by someone in Florida . We now have 700 miles on it and if we are in 4th gear cruising at 1800 rpm for a quarter mile and you hit clutch and slow to make a turn engine rpm drops to around 400 rpm sometimes it will recover other times it stalls. This is easy to make happen . It will also do it if you slap it into neutral with clutch depressed slowing to make a turn. Could this be the tune or normal mechanical issue?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you know or can you find our who did the tune. I would start there.

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
RXR Performance is located in Jupiter, FL and they appear to tune the ECU. I'm sure there are others but you could try them and see if they have a record of tuning the ECU in your's. I'm assuming there is a unique ID on the ECU's but I could be wrong.

Edit: But I'd honestly try to find out who did it. It could have been any shop in the area of the dealer that sent it off to someone else.

Last edited:

Steelco

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've got the same problem on my 2020. Diesel freak did the tune. I just did stage one tune. After getting tired of it doing it I thought if I got the boost valve it would help but it didn't. Any ideas.

Steelco

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you. I'm going to can them tomorrow and see what can be done.

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you've got a diesel freak tune, you should definitely call Wade. He will make it right and work with you to fix whatever the issue is. If there is one person/vendor that's stands by their stuff 100% it's Wade/DF.

Steelco

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep he's been great. I talked to him this morning and he recommended changing the fuel filter. I changed it at lunch today and there was no water, sludge, or shavings in the filter or housing. I haven't tested it yet because it's raining but hopefully that fixes it. I also have an issue where the grid heater never doesn't cycle. I use it 90 percent of the time to pull a mower on steep hills to cut my grass. It will come on in 90 degree weather even after I've been mowing all day.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yep he's been great. I talked to him this morning and he recommended changing the fuel filter. I changed it at lunch today and there was no water, sludge, or shavings in the filter or housing. I haven't tested it yet because it's raining but hopefully that fixes it. I also have an issue where the grid heater never doesn't cycle. I use it 90 percent of the time to pull a mower on steep hills to cut my grass. It will come on in 90 degree weather even after I've been mowing all day.
This is an old Post but still a problem. Does anyone know if changing the Fuel Filter solved the problem?

Last edited:

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is an old Post but still a problem. Does anyone know if changing the Fuel Filter solved the problem?
Called wade and he said that there is a temp sensor in the filter housing that will go out and cause it to start stalling he sells a replacement for it

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Called wade and he said that there is a temp sensor in the filter housing that will go out and cause it to start stalling he sells a replacement for it
Mine is brand new and did not do it before the Flash. I suspect it is more low idle speed or fuel starvation.