ooooooooooo

Have You Given Up Yet?

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have pretty much given up on explaining that a Roxor is not a Jeep...it's more of a jeep. I've only had mine for a week, and people are constantly calling it a Jeep and I'm getting tired of explaining it all to them...I think I've just accepted that 99% of the people out there don't really care about Mahindra having the licensing from Willys Overland in 1947 blah, blah blah. I think I've reached the point where unless I'm talking to another gearhead, i'm just going to say, "Thanks" when I get the inevitable "Cool jeep!" comments, rather than correcting them and explaining the whole dynamic between Jeep...and well a jeep made by Mahindra. How about the rest of you? I'm sure we all go through the same thing all the time with comments about how cool our jeeps are...of course technically they are definitely not wrong.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m with you. They say nice Jeep what year. I reply 2018 and smile and usually drive off. #notajl

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeeps ceased to be real Jeeps when they moved the J to the front of their designation, thus the TJ being the last real Jeep. What we have today are oversized 4x4s riding the Jeep name coattails that lack the utility and maneuverability of their ancestors

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It's a completely different product- more a lifestyle brand. I once rented a new $40k Wrangler right after a hurricane in Puerto Rico. When I returned it it was almost completely destroyed- paintwork scratched, making weird sounds. Who wants to do that to a $40k car.

A 2018 Roxor can be had for $11k . And the more you hammer it the better it looks.

Having said that, To get mine road ready I have had to rewire it, ecu tune it, get plates from another state. So most people wouldn't want that.

MAGAHAWK

I have pretty much given up on explaining that a Roxor is not a Jeep...it's more of a jeep. I've only had mine for a week, and people are constantly calling it a Jeep and I'm getting tired of explaining it all to them...I think I've just accepted that 99% of the people out there don't really care about Mahindra having the licensing from Willys Overland in 1947 blah, blah blah. I think I've reached the point where unless I'm talking to another gearhead, i'm just going to say, "Thanks" when I get the inevitable "Cool jeep!" comments, rather than correcting them and explaining the whole dynamic between Jeep...and well a jeep made by Mahindra. How about the rest of you? I'm sure we all go through the same thing all the time with comments about how cool our jeeps are...of course technically they are definitely not wrong.
Life is just full of problems :cool:

B

Bister

I correct them telling them it is not a "Jeep", but a Mahindra Roxor, sold as an off-road only sxs, but that is about the limit of my details besides 'you can look it up' and who sells them here. Also, if they ask for a Kleenex, I hand them a Scotties tissue and don't go into details either. lol

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely NO disrespect to newer Wranglers; however, they stopped being rugged main purpose Off-Road vehicles, now they are 4x4 lifted sedans that are off-road capable. After 1986, they have been tailored to the city crowd that wants an off- road as a secondary. Just my humble opinion. :unsure::coffee:

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What happened to ads like these?

images (5).jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is little doubt........ “ Jeep “ as we knew it ended with the CJ. Period. The Wrangler never replaced the real Jeep. , that’s why the Roxor has been of interest. ...
We all have our needs, mostly due to the places we off rd. I have Over 1000 acres of private land, deep woods, lots of grown over looking rds.Too me , ideal for picking berries , watching wildlife ,and all the slow adventures you encounter on a two track. ......... ya , if you want to burn up the woods, the desert , the sands plains , and shore , yes , get a 100 hp Plus loud, hot , side by side and balls out speed that will loose the last remains of your dentures,..THEN GO FOR THAT , !

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What happened to ads like these?

View attachment 4488
The image is politically incorrect on so many fronts. We've long since redefined fun and raised subsequent generations of coddled kids. They are not allowed to venture into the dangerous outdoors. Their imaginations are nowadays too often confined to what fits into hand held electronic devices and climate controlled rooms. Vicarious experience has become a substitute for actually learning by doing and fresh air. Should one venture outside the cocoon and the inevitable nicks and scratches consequences occur, the automatic response is that it's someone else's fault. Fleets of lawyers await to make the case. Much has been lost as a result and the mentality has seeped into everywhere. Just note the amount of bureaucratic energy spent under the guise of preventing Roxor from hurting us......and that's without taking a bear for a ride.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To be fair, it is a Jeep. A real jeep. The question is are modern wranglers still jeeps?
You know, after reading all the comments on youtube vids about how the Roxor is a "wannabe" Jeep and how it's foreign owned, etc, you have to think about how many times "Jeep" has traded hands over the decades and how it's now owned by a foreign country, who bought it from a different foreign country and how Mahindra has been building these since Willys was building them, the way Willys built them, and I pretty much know which company makes a "real" jeep. I've got to admit, the modern Jeeps are cool looking rigs, even though they kind of make my '86 F250 4x4 look kinda small, but I have heard and read too much about problems with reliability.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The image is politically incorrect on so many fronts. We've long since redefined fun and raised subsequent generations of coddled kids. They are not allowed to venture into the dangerous outdoors. Their imaginations are nowadays too often confined to what fits into hand held electronic devices and climate controlled rooms. Vicarious experience has become a substitute for actually learning by doing and fresh air. Should one venture outside the cocoon and the inevitable nicks and scratches consequences occur, the automatic response is that it's someone else's fault. Fleets of lawyers await to make the case. Much has been lost as a result and the mentality has seeped into everywhere. Just note the amount of bureaucratic energy spent under the guise of preventing Roxor from hurting us......and that's without taking a bear for a ride.
SMF,
Did you by chance go to the Jeep event in the Great Smokey Mtns this wknd?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My grandfather was a WW2 vet and really loved the original jeeps. He hated the modern Fiat jeeps and told me more than once that if he was forced to use a rig like that during the war we probably would have lost. The REAL jeep is simple and always works despite snow, rain, and any other kind of foul weather. And a real jeep is easy to fix in the field. A Fiat Jeep is non of those things.

My advice is don't even argue with your critics. Let them spend ALL their money on a plastic Heep. They'll go broke fixing it, decorating it with bling, and gasing it up every week. Real jeep owners like us will easily outlast our critics. For us it's about the long game. We'll have money left over to pay for Christmas every winter because our vehicle gets twice the fuel economy. We think long term, and we only drive rigs that are the same. That's what a REAL jeep is about.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SMF,
Did you by chance go to the Jeep event in the Great Smokey Mtns this wknd?
Nope, didn't make it over to Pigeon Forge. Looks like quite a gathering. Wonder if any Roxors dared make an appearance. Would be interesting the hear feedback from any who did.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeep as we know it today is totally out of control., the sky is the limited. Just try to sell a middle of the road 4 door Sahara no one wants them.i bought one in 16 , I added a winch , full leather, custom bumper...plow,tow bar to pull on ground behind motorhome. It was ok for a year , then I tried to sell it. Lots of interest until they found I did not have a rubicon......after 4 months I gave up , wholesaled to Local Chev dealer , had to cough up 2 grand in order for the deal to work......we hated this thing. Too wide for the woods , poor seats, wind noise bad in cross winds.,slow, poor brakes, tenable handeling......never again !