ooooooooooo

Hardtops?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
“Nicer” would be subjective. They look almost identical, black square boxes. Yes, the Hard Cab one is cheaper, but it doesn’t come with wipers, and you have to add on shipping. The Roxor cab ships free to your dealer. Hard Cab shipping to Canada might break the bank, I'm think $6-800 CDN plus import and clearance fees by time its here, if not more. Hard Cab is also steel and the Roxor one is aluminum. The Hard Cab comes with glass, which most folks want and the Roxor with Quantum coated Lexan, which I would prefer cause the Roxor throws up stones on the gravel roads I drive. It’s tough stuff. New glass for the HardCab is $400 US plus shipping and import fees for me in Canada, that would be $1000 CDN by time it’s here if I break it, which I know I would. I broke the glass in my Rhino twice, I switched back to Lexan. It works better for me since mine is gravel and off-road only. No interest in street legal or highway for me. The door opening is also a lot larger on the Roxor cab, if your a big person, that’s a bonus. It really comes down to what you like or want. I lean towards the Roxor one so far mainly because of the shipping and lexan windshield, but I have only seen some pics of the Roxor and one video of the Hard Cab. That’s not enough for me to spend that kind of money on either one. I like my soft cab if they would fix the doors cause I take it off for summer, I like it open in the summer and I think just taking the doors off isn't enough for me. I hoping someone comes up with a more modular cab that you can by piece by piece like Honda does for the Pioneer, buy it as you need it or can afford, roof, windshield, back panel, then add the doors. Right now I have a windshield that works with nothing and I didn't get the hard roof because of that. It would be a waste. If I do buy a hard cab, my windshield was a waste. But, that is what always happens to the early buyers. I'm holding off now for a bit. I'm content with most of what I have except the zippers on the soft cab. I might have to go to the local upholstery guy and figure out something better.
I thought on the rox was doing that where you could buy it piece by piece at least that’s what they told me was their plan 3 months ago. I got tired of waiting and bought the DFK hard cab.

Tokarev

I got a quote from a local FJ40 custom soft top maker of 4k for FJ40 soft top with metal Doors for the Roxor, I thought that was a lot of money. Now im thinking differently. View attachment 3504View attachment 3505View attachment 3506
Something like this, in my opinion, would be a nice path forward for those wanting an enclosed cab. Granted it isn't a hard top but would still provide a level of comfort and protection.

As I'm envisioning this, the canvas top would be made by Montana Canvas and it would mate up with the windshield from On The Rox. The driver and passenger windows would have a tubular frame and zippered windows and would fit into metal half doors (ala Jeep Wrangler) again made by OTR.

The top would be modular in that the rear covering and cargo side windows could be zipped off or otherwise removed for summer use and/or the plastic windows could be replaced once cracked, badly scratched, etc. The top, to help keep costs down, would be made to fit the slanted (2 passenger) ROPS as well as the 4 passenger ROPS. No fastback option.

I mention OTR because they have a good reputation with Roxor owners and could likely easily partner with someone like Montana Canvas to make this happen. But Bushwacker or Bestop or another soft top company should be able to make it happen without too much drama.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tokarev

A concept for the Roxor?

A Jeep top from American Convoy Soft Tops.

9a1592f6315c396c191382f5975e3bd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Talked to a guy at Ontherox a few weeks ago and he said they are in the process of getting one to market. I check their website from time to time but haven't seen anything yet. Powersports in Minot has three new Roxors with a totally different roll cage so I don't know if that will slow down production or not. Abiez on youtube had some new video of them a couple of days ago. BTW I would love an affordable hardtop.

The OTR aluminum hard top is the best way to go. I painted mine body color. The more aluminum the better, half doors and windshield, top and wipers rounded it out. ....let’s keep the plastic add ones to a minus...

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can’t stomach the cost of a hard cab so I decided to build my own. Went with a CJ7 windshield, wipers, washers, and related components to be installed later. I’ll update as it progresses.
D299EBC4-0D62-4952-9F2B-BECAD9AACF60.jpeg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Whoa, just looked at ProBox stuff- crazy! Looks awesome but what is this Bluetooth you speak of??

Lilsandyrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Whoa, just looked at ProBox stuff- crazy! Looks awesome but what is this Bluetooth you speak of??

package1.png

FEATURES
  • 4PMCC Wireless Bluetooth Media Control Center
  • (4) PBR69XL 6" x 9" Marine Component Speakers
  • (1) ProBox Plate Amp
  • (1) PRO-C20 Front LED Light Bar
  • (1) CSR-6 Rear LED Light Bar
  • (1) Quick Release 3-Pin Power Connector
  • (2) Zipper Pockets
  • (1) Dome Light
  • Front Bumper
  • One year warranty. Original receipt from date of purchase required for warranty work.
CD4ABA43-9596-4DF9-893D-B016D62DCC95.jpeg

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All the framework is 14ga 3/4” square steel tubing, the skin is .080” 5052 aluminum. The .080” skin is overkill but I got it at a good price.
I had intended to use .063” sheet.
AA1C022E-BD2C-4DB9-B0A3-3F0256A6B2FB.jpeg
E4537B4C-B7AB-4E6B-B7ED-4148A86A0B85.jpeg

I’m trying to make it with two piece doors, store the top half when the weather is fit. Not sure it will be solid enough to seal well, time will tell.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Removable upper doors is the right way to go. I question your choice using steel tubing over aluminum tubing,considering the dissimilar metals. I have the OTR aluminum lower door,it works well. I am working on an idea for next season using upper door aluminum tubing and convertible top material .

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had a CJ 5 with a hard top made with a mixture of steel and aluminum, it was nearly 40 years old when I sold it and it was still structurally sound. After that I’d assumed it would be fine to build this with. Am I wrong?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Aluminum and steel are not the same. Steel is ferrous, aluminum is non ferrous. They deteriorate differently and not at the same rate which can be big problems structural,where structural is critical. The new Ford puck ups are aluminum now,however , there is still a fair amount of steel involved. Discimular materials can work together and they do everyday. Corvettes were fiberglass bodies , but anything structurally important was steel and as time went on, the steel needs to be replaced., not an easy thing to do. Made for a cottage industry making steel parts GM never thought would be needed to be replaced.