ooooooooooo

Got the plow on, now I need snow.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Got my mount all snugged up.

C812A2FC-6DA4-4A7A-8DAB-6F874F332E3E.jpeg 763E2433-0BC7-4871-9605-2F9BA09B9488.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Plan is to run my mid 70s small-pin 6' Meyers. It's manual left-right. I plan on using the winch and a snatch-block to raise it.

I'll post up some more pics when I get it all set.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Better late than never to post some pics of how it works

Roxor winch bumper
Roxor winch kit
Roxor d ring mounts
D rings
Cast HD snatch block
Roxor plow mount kit
Some grade 8 bolts/washers
Nylon bushings

Pic:
61AF286A-EB20-45D8-A2B6-DF7F971EF8DD.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m gonna drill in a couple more L/R adjustment holes and add a 1’ wing on the left. Then ready for winter.

Winter is coming..

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey guys, I'm back in the game and probably going for a roxor in the next while, especially with the $3000 off coupon they just mailed out, anyways with that being said, I have a 1500ft driveway I'd have to plow and every once in awhile the lane to the driveway which is about 4km. I plan on putting the fisher v-blade on it because a friend of mine in southern ontario is a fisher dealer and I can get it at cost. With all this being said, prior to putting any traction improvement devices besides weight in the roxor, how much snow was too much snow? Thanks

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
This is what we plowed with last winter, left by the previous owner, it plows great with all the weight in the back ( 6 buckets of frozen water and the rest filled with stacked green wood and all the snow on top. It was plowing snow higher than the wheels, surprising considering it has no G80 in the rear axle. But the frame has been fixed once and is starting to go again and it started leaking a bit of fuel on the last run of the season.

DSC_0235.JPG DSC_0222.JPG

B

Bister

You won't need any weight in the back. As for traction, I put rear lockers in, but they are not needed for pushing snow. The ko2 tires are more than sufficient for snow. I find they fail a bit in mud. Stock with the v-plow and it is a beast.

The Roxor should push just as much as the truck, I my opinion. The V Plow is the only way to go.

Good luck. My dealer in Rocanville SK will set you up with Roxor if there is no dealer around you yet.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I appreciate the reply Bister. I have a dealer on the other side of winnipeg a couple hours from me that still has the same 3 machines they started with. They keep dropping the prices and they still have the same 3. Lots of people are disappointed that they can't drive them on the street apparently. That's a ridiculous assumption to make I think haha.

I've gone and test drove one. They have a white one, black one and a canadian limited edition. I'd prefer a red one but white will probably be best for hiding scratches in the future. They put 265's on the black one and they look good but for some reason they're asking 3k more for the black machine just because of the larger tires and maybe the color black? Not to mention, its been the one sitting outside the most from what I can tell when I test drove it.

They want 19499 for the white one, that's all in except taxes. So with throwing in the $3000 off on top of that I think I might go for it. I appreciate your info overall Les as you have the most relative experiences that I'm going to have.

B

Bister

I appreciate the reply Bister. I have a dealer on the other side of winnipeg a couple hours from me that still has the same 3 machines they started with. They keep dropping the prices and they still have the same 3. Lots of people are disappointed that they can't drive them on the street apparently. That's a ridiculous assumption to make I think haha.

I've gone and test drove one. They have a white one, black one and a canadian limited edition. I'd prefer a red one but white will probably be best for hiding scratches in the future. They put 265's on the black one and they look good but for some reason they're asking 3k more for the black machine just because of the larger tires and maybe the color black? Not to mention, its been the one sitting outside the most from what I can tell when I test drove it.

They want 19499 for the white one, that's all in except taxes. So with throwing in the $3000 off on top of that I think I might go for it. I appreciate your info overall Les as you have the most relative experiences that I'm going to have.

OK, Just some FYI: You will need stock sized tires for the plow to work properly.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
265s won't work with the plow? I was planning on trying to get those. Too wide?

B

Bister

They have to be the same height. There is only one set of extra holes on the plow mount. So 29” tires or 32” might work. Stock is 29” high.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
well a 265 would be about an 1" wider than factory and about 2.5" taller. With what clearances you have while the plow is attached do you figure I'd have issues?

B

Bister

If the plow mount is not the perfect height off the ground, the pole doesn’t work great. The mount frame pin hole has to be 10.5” I believe. There is no adjustment for this. It is set for stock tires. I’ll try to find the picture in the installation instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I understand what your saying. So if anything a 235/85R16 would be the way to go. Same width as factory but 2.5" taller. Oh okay, I didn't get the last message you sent before I sent this one.

B

Bister

I understand what your saying. So if anything a 235/85R16 would be the way to go. Same width as factory but 2.5" taller. Oh okay, I didn't get the last message you sent before I sent this one.

Those are the ones I would try, but the other set of holes on the mount are about 1.5" apart. That would mean 3" bigger tires. Stock same 29" but are 28.5 actual with the Roxor sitting on them. If the mount isn't right on, it doesn't work as it should. Long story from experience, to long to type here. lol