ooooooooooo

Getting roxor street legal or not!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
From everything I’ve read, there is only 1 option to get the Roxor on the road and that’s a Michigan title. I think a licensing service would be awesome. Check your vehicle in with a POA and let the provider store the vehicle and run the hoops with SOS. I can’t think of an easier way to stuff your pockets with cash and have 100% positive customer satisfaction. Adding street legal accessories is another cash flow option. If MI allows non-resident vehicle registration, the process couldn’t be easier. We NEED someone to step up!!!!!!!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A brief check of MI SOS site suggests that non-residents can register/title in MI. So a licensing service appears to be a viable fee for service business and could not be construed as a auto dealer business.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
And MI is not a title hold state. So even if you have a lien, you hold the title making it much easier to transfer title to your actual home state. And as noted by Yooper, MI title does not indicate Mahindra or Roxor and states only Assembled Vehicle with no off road use only crap.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
From everything I’ve read, there is only 1 option to get the Roxor on the road and that’s a Michigan title. I think a licensing service would be awesome. Check your vehicle in with a POA and let the provider store the vehicle and run the hoops with SOS. I can’t think of an easier way to stuff your pockets with cash and have 100% positive customer satisfaction. Adding street legal accessories is another cash flow option. If MI allows non-resident vehicle registration, the process couldn’t be easier. We NEED someone to step up!!!!!!!

i was thinking the same thing You also have to get Michigan specific insurance. If someone could get the process down to a week or less they’d have a good thing going. Owners come in and start the process then chill for a week finding something to do. Tourism.... then leave with a good transferable title. Of course one need to verify it is transferable in their home state. Sounds like a niche market for someone with that can have a plate agency and also sells insurance and perhaps some tourist trap thing to... seems like street legal tourism could be a thing....

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The only thing I can find in MO that might be a problem is bringing an Assembled Vehicle here for title. You may need a HP inspection especially if the MI inspection form is not provided. I highly doubt the MO HP won’t be quick to discover it’s a Roxor and Roxor is bad ju-ju at DMV. Need to do some more research

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yup and so many people think that that motorcycle plate makes them street legal in all states.
Correct it might not be legal in all states idk but, I have pulled up to the Sheriff were I live and showed them my Roxor and the SD plate and asked if this is legal and he said we honor SD plates. So far as I’m concerned my going to keep driving it. The title might say off road vehicle, but when do they ask to see a title when you get pulled over, insurance and registration.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Probably already posted it but I’d really like to see your title. Interested if Mahindra or Roxor is on title.

4DDC5AB2-32FD-4C05-90B2-EB60EA5E0051.jpeg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Pego- Is your MN address on title???

Think I found the answer. Saw “MN” and zip code on title!! How cool is that?!

Last edited:

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Pego- Is your MN address on title???

Think I found the answer. Saw “MN” and zip code on title!! How cool is that?!
It is an amazing feeling been waiting forever for this process to be over with and the last piece besides registering the vehicle in Minnesota is to get the vin from Michigan then I can legally drive it in all 50 states

MaineRox

It is an amazing feeling been waiting forever for this process to be over with and the last piece besides registering the vehicle in Minnesota is to get the vin from Michigan then I can legally drive it in all 50 states
Congratulations! Many of us are envious.

I'll bet your resale value just soared as well. (Not that you want to think about that right now. Just sayin.)

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Congratulations! Many of us are envious.

I'll bet your resale value just soared as well. (Not that you want to think about that right now. Just sayin.)
Thank you! I am just excited to drive my Roxor for the first time. I bought this Roxor at the end of July and since then been going thru the process of getting it street legal. Going to the dmv at 8:30 AM CT was told as soon as I get the vehicle transferred to minnesota was told I need to mail the title back to my dealership in Michigan. He told me the title needs to be mailed back otherwise they won’t put the vin sticker on my vehicle. Then I will schedule my flight there and finally being it back to minnesota. Will let you guys now how it goes just happy to almost be done with the street legal process

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you! I am just excited to drive my Roxor for the first time. I bought this Roxor at the end of July and since then been going thru the process of getting it street legal. Going to the dmv at 8:30 AM CT was told as soon as I get the vehicle transferred to minnesota was told I need to mail the title back to my dealership in Michigan. He told me the title needs to be mailed back otherwise they won’t put the vin sticker on my vehicle. Then I will schedule my flight there and finally being it back to minnesota. Will let you guys now how it goes just happy to almost be done with the street legal process
The title has officially been transferred to minnesota and my plate is ROXOR 1

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Congrats! But you got me lost. So you got MI inspection and then got MI title mailed to you? You never paid MI sales tax or received MI plates and registration? Then you got MN plates, registration and MN title? Then you mail MN title to MI so VIN can be applied? Just trying to get the steps right ‘cause I’m definitely going to find an agent in MI to help me with this process.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Congrats! But you got me lost. So you got MI inspection and then got MI title mailed to you? You never paid MI sales tax or received MI plates and registration? Then you got MN plates, registration and MN title? Then you mail MN title to MI so VIN can be applied? Just trying to get the steps right ‘cause I’m definitely going to find an agent in MI to help me with this process.
Thank you I am extremely excited. I bought my Roxor in MI and got it inspected there and then got MI title mailed to me.
No, I didn’t pay MI sales tax or received MI plates and registration. Today I technically got my temporary plate and the real one is coming in the mail. Correct I registered it in Minnesota today and I gave them my Michigan title they gave me back a copy of the title and sent the real one in. I will be getting a new title from the state of Minnesota they said within 6 weeks. What I was told I mail in the copy of the Michigan title to my contact in MI so the VIN can be applied on the Roxor. I don’t know how your state does it but minnesota keeps the original Michigan title and gives me a minnesota in exchange but can take 6 weeks to get the new title.

I was told when I started this whole process that my contract since he wasn’t on the title I had to fill out a appointment of agent form. That way he could go to the dmv, be there for the inspection, and when the guy from Michigan returns to put the VIN on my last step now.

Good luck to anyone else that is going to go thru this process. It is a long long process. I started this process beginning of August and it’s almost done. The Roxor has to be there for the inspection and when they come back for the VIN. One thing you have to do yourself is call whoever is financing your Roxor. Mahindra is financing my vehicle I had to call their office in Iowa. I was told I had to let them know that I will be changing this vehicle to an on road vehicle and that you need them to send the original title to yourself or your contact to get this whole process started. Then your contact goes to the dmv then comes the inspection then the vin. I literally just got the Michigan title in the mail yesterday. Basically all I am saying if you are patient and want to drive this thing legally thru all 50 states like me with a full plate I would highly recommend this process. If you don’t own a Roxor yet I would go thru Robert Taylor aka Bob in the dealership in Marquette Michigan he took care of the whole process for me minus calling Mahindra which he couldn’t do but told me what to say to get this process rolling. He offers this process for everyone who buys a Roxor thru him. If any of you have any questions who can ask me. If I had the time I would right a small book on this process. Will let everyone know when I fly to final drive my Roxor back to minnesota.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you I am extremely excited. I bought my Roxor in MI and got it inspected there and then got MI title mailed to me.
No, I didn’t pay MI sales tax or received MI plates and registration. Today I technically got my temporary plate and the real one is coming in the mail. Correct I registered it in Minnesota today and I gave them my Michigan title they gave me back a copy of the title and sent the real one in. I will be getting a new title from the state of Minnesota they said within 6 weeks. What I was told I mail in the copy of the Michigan title to my contact in MI so the VIN can be applied on the Roxor. I don’t know how your state does it but minnesota keeps the original Michigan title and gives me a minnesota in exchange but can take 6 weeks to get the new title.

I was told when I started this whole process that my contract since he wasn’t on the title I had to fill out a appointment of agent form. That way he could go to the dmv, be there for the inspection, and when the guy from Michigan returns to put the VIN on my last step now.

Good luck to anyone else that is going to go thru this process. It is a long long process. I started this process beginning of August and it’s almost done. The Roxor has to be there for the inspection and when they come back for the VIN. One thing you have to do yourself is call whoever is financing your Roxor. Mahindra is financing my vehicle I had to call their office in Iowa. I was told I had to let them know that I will be changing this vehicle to an on road vehicle and that you need them to send the original title to yourself or your contact to get this whole process started. Then your contact goes to the dmv then comes the inspection then the vin. I literally just got the Michigan title in the mail yesterday. Basically all I am saying if you are patient and want to drive this thing legally thru all 50 states like me with a full plate I would highly recommend this process. If you don’t own a Roxor yet I would go thru Robert Taylor aka Bob in the dealership in Marquette Michigan he took care of the whole process for me minus calling Mahindra which he couldn’t do but told me what to say to get this process rolling. He offers this process for everyone who buys a Roxor thru him. If any of you have any questions who can ask me. If I had the time I would right a small book on this process. Will let everyone know when I fly to final drive my Roxor back to minnesota.
Bob is a stand up guy! I didn’t buy my Roxor from him but I’ve been buying all my recent accessories from him and he gives me 10% off.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bob is a stand up guy! I didn’t buy my Roxor from him but I’ve been buying all my recent accessories from him and he gives me 10% off.
He definitely is! Definitely can tell when you talk to him that he loves these Roxor’s. I am excited to see my Roxor finally when the new vin gets put on it and to see the final work he put an after market A/C, Jeep (can’t remember if it was a cj7 or YJ or CJ wrangler) glove box order that back in August, and told me he found a sound bar that’s not going to fall apart like the original ones did.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
He definitely is! Definitely can tell when you talk to him that he loves these Roxor’s. I am excited to see my Roxor finally when the new vin gets put on it and to see the final work he put an after market A/C, Jeep (can’t remember if it was a cj7 or YJ or CJ wrangler) glove box order that back in August, and told me he found a sound bar that’s not going to fall apart like the original ones did.

When are you coming to Marquette. .? Winter comes early to these parts....snow this week.....
I am dusting off my plow now. ,!

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When are you coming to Marquette. .? Winter comes early to these parts....snow this week.....
I am dusting off my plow now. ,!
God I hope soon. Still waiting on the state of Michigan to put on the vin on. How much snow?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
God I hope soon. Still waiting on the state of Michigan to put on the vin on. How much snow?

We think an inch in higher elevations, but it will be our first winter front from Yellowknife area and that is where we get our serious weather. Will know more as time gets closer ( Thur/fri , then warmer next week they say )...