ooooooooooo

Fuel additive

Jimij

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone run a diesel additive in the Roxor ?
I’m a bit concerned simply because my machine sits a month between uses.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I use Schaeffers. It was recommended by my diesel mechanic. That and delete your EGR for the long term.

You might have a hard time finding it locally but can get it on Amazon. He said Diesel Kleen was next best and can be bought at about any auto parts store.

This is my first diesel other than inherited Ford tractor so others have alot more experience.

My neighbor drives an 18 wheeler that he bought brand new in '91. Mack with a Cat. He does all of his own maintenance. He puts 1 gallon of his burnt oil back in his fuel at each fill up. 2 - 50 gallon tanks. He also adds Lucas treatment. 1.4 million miles on the block. He lost 1 cylinder at 1.1 and changed out all the sleeves by himself in back yard. He said the burnt oil is necessary because his engine was not designed to run on low-sulphur "dry" diesel that is sold today.

Our engines are designed to run on low-sulphur diesel but everyone agrees that additive is money well spent.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I use Lucas fuel treatment. No Issues at all. Runs like a champ. In winter I use diesel medic w/anti fungal. It works well too. I don't like the smell of the exhaust when I use it though. I've used Lucas for years in all of my diesel tractors and trucks. Never had a injector problem.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a very similar diesel engine in my sailboat. I use SeaFoam in the fuel tank to help control moisture. I also keep my tank topped offed to reduce the chance of condensation. Topping off is very important in the winter.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ran some Howe’s antigel this winter only cause it sits and if I took it hunting during an extreme cold snap I didn’t want any issues. Probably didn’t need it but you never know. Going to start running what I put in my semi in it on the next tank. Untitled Document.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Most major trucking companies use a product called (Total Power). A one-quart bottle will last you many fill-ups and don't fret about the fuel system when just sitting. Clean water free fuel with a quality additive will make it live a long life. Total Power works for our fleet and me. And in full disclosure, I have no affiliation with the aforementioned product.

Last edited:

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I run stanadyne fuel treatment in all my diesel engines. Two front end loaders, skidsteer, and three diesel trucks. I use these vehicles year round in northwest montana and can swear to its effectiveness in in all seasons. On the skidsteer it saved my injection pump for replacement that was needed two years ago.
Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive - 16 Oz. Case of 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M46TEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9C0ZCbRSKA5DX

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just FYI. From the manual.
9E8302BE-6AD9-4EB1-9754-E348144BABA6.jpeg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very interesting jeepish....thank you ..
I may not understand their reasoning...but I certainly understand their instruction !
I’d like a little elaboration also. I’ve always used additives in my diesel trucks. But when I got the Roxor I stumbled across that while looking through the manual. Just thought it was worth noting on this thread.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very strange? It's a Bosch common-rail fuel system. Why would a quality additive harm a thing?