ooooooooooo

Fuel Filter Change

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Time to do my annual maintenance. The videos I've seen on fuel filter change suggest taking the whole housing out (which requires disconnecting the electrical plug and the supply & return lines) and turning it upside down to remove the cover. Is it possible to remove the cover from the bottom, and avoid the upside down business? From what I can tell, the removal of the supply & return lines looks like it will not go well.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I could see pretty quick that the upside down method is the only viable option. Did my air filter and oil change today. Fiddled just a bit with the supply/return lines, and it appears they won't be a dog fight. By the way, I like the oil filter wrench option better than the socket. Puts the force where it needs to be.

Fuel filter this weekend.

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
All in all, worked out pretty well. I learned that it's important to have the fuel lines locked on before you put the pressure to it, otherwise fuel all over the place.

Lost my index mark on the filter housing, but cinched it up "pretty tight" bearing in mind that it's plastic, and it doesn't seem to leak.

Thanks for the help.

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
All in all, worked out pretty well. I learned that it's important to have the fuel lines locked on before you put the pressure to it, otherwise fuel all over the place.

Lost my index mark on the filter housing, but cinched it up "pretty tight" bearing in mind that it's plastic, and it doesn't seem to leak.

Thanks for the help.

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Guys:

I hate to drag this out, but here I am 20 mins after my last post, and maybe I can contribute to the knowledge about these fuel filters. I've learned a bit more, although I suspect the hard way.

I came back in the house after installing the new filter, and reviewed the video Chris put up once again. I realized that my bottom housing did not mate snugly to the top part. In other words, I could still see the new orange o-ring peeking out from below the bottom housing, and I was frankly too afraid to put a lot of torque on this piece of plastic. And this did not look right, and certainly did not look like the video. So out to the shop, whereupon I took it apart and put in the OLD o-ring. The old o-ring allowed me to tighten the bottom bowl to the top piece, such that the flanges mated well together.

The lesson here seems to be that the new o-ring may be just a bit larger, too large to torque these two pieces together safely. In retrospect, maybe I should have greased up the new o-ring, and I'll save that for next time.

Would appreciate comments, but this is what I've learned about this fuel filter change. I think I'm smarter about it than when I began, at least. Thanks for listening and for the help.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Guys:

I hate to drag this out, but here I am 20 mins after my last post, and maybe I can contribute to the knowledge about these fuel filters. I've learned a bit more, although I suspect the hard way.

I came back in the house after installing the new filter, and reviewed the video Chris put up once again. I realized that my bottom housing did not mate snugly to the top part. In other words, I could still see the new orange o-ring peeking out from below the bottom housing, and I was frankly too afraid to put a lot of torque on this piece of plastic. And this did not look right, and certainly did not look like the video. So out to the shop, whereupon I took it apart and put in the OLD o-ring. The old o-ring allowed me to tighten the bottom bowl to the top piece, such that the flanges mated well together.

The lesson here seems to be that the new o-ring may be just a bit larger, too large to torque these two pieces together safely. In retrospect, maybe I should have greased up the new o-ring, and I'll save that for next time.

Would appreciate comments, but this is what I've learned about this fuel filter change. I think I'm smarter about it than when I began, at least. Thanks for listening and for the help.
I am not a mechanic, but I am also not afraid to learn and get dirty. In my opinion if you ended the day knowing more than when it started, well then you are a better man!