ooooooooooo

Front Warn hub cracked

csgmtu

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello Folks

My 2019 Roxor started acting wonky while plowing during this great blizzard we’re having. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I looked in the front left hub with spinning but the tire wasn’t moving. I pulled it into the garage and noticed that all the bolts on the warn locking hub were missing. I also noticed that the hub has a crack in the base. See the pictures.
76D904B4-2582-434A-92CB-585743F11F20.jpeg
. After the holiday I’m going to have to fix this, what type of failure does this look like? I think these are guaranteed for life. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those bolts work loose with use, especially if driving on hard surfaces like rock or in your case the road while in 4 wheel drive. After every wheeling trip/day they need to be checked and retorqued as needed. Unfortunately warn has discontinued these hubs. There’s a service kit available at diesel freaks but I don’t think it’ll work for your needs. Fortunately there’s an alternative available by Mile Marker. So you can either go with that brand or put the slugs back in and not have locking hubs

csgmtu

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those bolts work loose with use, especially if driving on hard surfaces like rock or in your case the road while in 4 wheel drive. After every wheeling trip/day they need to be checked and retorqued as needed. Unfortunately warn has discontinued these hubs. There’s a service kit available at diesel freaks but I don’t think it’ll work for your needs. Fortunately there’s an alternative available by Mile Marker. So you can either go with that brand or put the slugs back in and not have locking hubs
Thank for the info. So can I put new bolts in and leave the hubs in the locked position for the winter? What about the crack? Also is there a certain hole position that has to be aligned/maintained?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hole position doesn’t matter. You can probably get by with new bolts for now but you’ll be on borrowed time. That crack will let moisture inside the hub, and with plowing and snow it’ll get in there. So just bolt it back for now and keep plowing and order some new hubs and then repack your bearings when you get a chance to swap them out.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the OTR axles but they are still 10 spline outers

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A buddy was running Warn hubs on a CJ5 and would have to tighten the bolts constantly on the trail, even with locktite.

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have had the same issues with different vehicles over the years. I have drilled the heads on the bolts and used lock wire. That certainly worked the best. I have had no issues with the roxor yet. I used blue lock tite and so far, it's working. I have lock wire pliers; you can stop by one night and we can fix you up if you decide to go that route.