Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Interesting, especially the 5.38 gears factory

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow. Ambitious plans. Be fine with me if, for now, Mahindra kept it simple and focused on perfecting Roxor's strong design using durable primers, coatings and fittings with rust-resistant metals impeccably fabricated to close tolerances, and then adhered to rigorous quality inspection before delivery, to minimize any unpleasant surprises. After a decent windshield, doors and rear bumper, probably most would be content with the toughest, finest, basic rough and tumble jeep variation ever, leaving fancy add-ons and creature comforts to capable aftermarket suppliers and the depth of one's bank account. Aside from advertising gimmickry, that all makes the early-on introduction of a tracked Roxor modification (which costs more than the basic vehicle platform) a personal bafflement. One glance at that critter is an inadvertent reminder to many of us lowly consumers of the importance, perhaps, in initially setting up a really knowledgeable dealer network (mine was challenged by how to rock the oil filler cap off), getting the fundamentals down pat -- fluid levels right, fasteners correctly torqued, headlights properly aligned, tailgates that close tight, seat and pedal ergonomics worked out, seals that don't leak and ensuring things that aren't supposed to don't squeak -- before moving on to the Roxor Antarctic Swamp edition. Meanwhile, happy to settle for my Roxor Classic and won't in the least be anticipating the arrival of a 4-door Roxor or the stretch limo variation which is likely to follow.

General

Founding Member
The rear bench and extended roll bars were not planned for such an early debut (slide 60, 5-year plan). So we can infer that since Roxor was introduced (around the time the powerpoint is dated) the big wigs have changed their timeline to move things forward, not just delayed. This means they're listening to the early-adopter customers, so there's hope for things like PTO and gears if there's enough public support, like on this forum. However, anything from the factory is going to be twice the price of aftermarket, as we've already seen.

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
... that all makes the early-on introduction of a tracked Roxor modification (which costs more than the basic vehicle platform) a personal bafflement...
It's a good example of their marketing acumen. It cost them about zero dollars and fifty cents to 'develop' but has garnered them massive amounts of free buzz. For a while photos of it were popping up on sites everywhere.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's a good example of their marketing acumen. It cost them about zero dollars and fifty cents to 'develop' but has garnered them massive amounts of free buzz. For a while photos of it were popping up on sites everywhere.
Valid point about the "free buzz" generated by a tracked Roxor -- and maybe that was Mahindra's objective. If that's the case, a JATO option for the Classic would also be catchy. A few here have suggested that, particularly in an introductory situation, ensuring flawless fit, finish and quality control is an effective way to speak loudly. Should Roxor marketeers want practical, affordable buzz most of us could relate to, and as many have commented, offer a pto.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Doesn't the PTO shaft from the CJ's transfer case just bolt right on? I swear I saw where someone did that, but haven't searched.

I have heard this mentioned before as well but I havent seen it to confirm. On the old CJ's, if memory serves me( and it usually doesnt ) there should be a small gearbox( we always called it the cone ) that attaches to the PTO port on the trans. It had a sifter on it. That fed a shaft to the rear bumper where a transmission was located or it connected to a hydraulic pump at he output. I could see some of the attachments for the Mahindra compact 24hp tractors being adapted to hook to the Roxor much like the farming CJ of the past. Id go that route for sure.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have two Willys PTOs. They do attach to the tcase but the Spicer models I have run a shaft back to a gear box that presents a smaller splined shaft like Ford 9n.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Please do not screw up like Jeep did. Make a 2Dr pickup with an actual usable bed - 6ft. Here take my $ again.