ooooooooooo

For those with Fortress flipout windshield

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am curious as to how the top and flip out windshield have been holding up? Trying to decide what I am going to go with in terms of top and windshield.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has held up great on the farm. My only concern is how long the rubber latches will hold up. I installed a manual windshield wiper from amazon. Somewhere on the forum I posted pictures.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been more than happy with mine but I will agree on the latches. They seem like they will dry out quickly (think Yeti T handle latches left in the sun) but that is an easy enough item to replace compared to the quality of the rest of it. Glass is good quality as well as the seals. Best thing for me compared to the Mahindra option is there is no whistle from the seals.

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How much are we talking for the Windshield and top? i guess there are no dealers in uUah. Fortress doesn't answer when i fill out there dealer locator.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine was around $1200 for windshield and roof. Just a little cheaper than Mahindra. But better quality.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thinking about going with their stand alone windshield but want to hear if it works with the mahindra full enclosure.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How much are we talking for the Windshield and top? i guess there are no dealers in uUah. Fortress doesn't answer when i fill out there dealer locator.
I had to go to Rexburg Motorsports in Rexburg Idaho to get mine. They will order them in for you. Too bad our local dealers don’t get an account going with Perry Mfg. in Waco Texas, the makers of Fortress accessories.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been more than happy with mine but I will agree on the latches. They seem like they will dry out quickly (think Yeti T handle latches left in the sun) but that is an easy enough item to replace compared to the quality of the rest of it. Glass is good quality as well as the seals. Best thing for me compared to the Mahindra option is there is no whistle from the seals.
I am not to sure how well the rubber latches are going to hold up either. So I Googled rubber latches and I am happy to say there are many available. So far, overall I love the Fortress hard top and tip out windshield! Past experience tells me their price is inline with Mahindra offerings, only better quality, as well as inline with the likes of say Polaris and others. Oh, this stuff(Fortress) ain’t plastic!!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve had the fortress top tip out window for more than two years. No problems. Well built.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Had mine for about 1.5 years. The only issue I had was at about 40 mph and up, it flutters. I put some weather stripping along the bottom and that stopped most of it.

whiteroxorssr

I have had my Fortress top and flip-out windshield for two years and have been very happy with the quality. I wish Fortress would offer full doors and rear bulk-head to finish a full cab setup. I have not found any other company to offer modular parts to complete my cab.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Love mine. 2 years now. The only thing I wish is they need to make a set of stays to keep it open above 40 mph. At 38-42 mph it will slam shut and scare the piss out of you if you forget it does that! Lol.

BDRAG

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Love mine. 2 years now. The only thing I wish is they need to make a set of stays to keep it open above 40 mph. At 38-42 mph it will slam shut and scare the piss out of you if you forget it does that! Lol.

BDRAG
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that. It'll sure wake you up!!?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that. It'll sure wake you up!!?

Lol. Been there I see. Lol. I usually just fasten the driver side rubber thing anyway. So if mine on the driver side rots I will just remove the other one and replace. Lol. What's another rattle among rattles? Lol.

BDRAG

Perunapete

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BDRAG,

I had the same issue with the windshield closing at about 40 mph. Wade at Diesel Freak sells a pair of gas shocks that extend a bit more and keep it open at high speeds. I have been up to about 50 with no issue. The extra opening makes a really big difference in airflow. No regrets on that purchase!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
BDRAG,

I had the same issue with the windshield closing at about 40 mph. Wade at Diesel Freak sells a pair of gas shocks that extend a bit more and keep it open at high speeds. I have been up to about 50 with no issue. The extra opening makes a really big difference in airflow. No regrets on that purchase!

Hummmmm? Cool. Thanks..

BDRAG

redbarn

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any Fortress owners having a problem with the paint finish failing (graying out) particularly around the windshield rubber gasket?