ooooooooooo

Flat towing

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi I have read the discussions concerning flat towing and I did not see the answer to my question. There was a post back in I think 2018 mentioning a service notice that the 8 bolts in the upgraded front bumper could be used as the attachment point for the flat towing brace . Is this correct? I could not see any place on the frame for a custom brace. I could not find that notice and does anyone have any thoughts on how to set the front end up to tow? Thanks

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for reply. It looks like I am going to make 2 custom mounting brackets to use the 8 bolts to attach the tow bar. I have not seen anything off the shelf that will fit the bill.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I bought from DF the Oem bumper and added the D Ring mounts it could be an easy way to mount your tow bar. The new bumper uses all 8 bolts

20211128_152137.jpg

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the reply. That was my first thought but the tow bar I have needs to attach to a U shaped setup. The D ring setup that I can buy would cost $80 to $110 plus shipping and I would need to find a different tow bar that would work. Bill