ooooooooooo

Towing and warranty

CTRAN

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi all,
So, is the max towing speed really 15mph? I was hoping to tow my aluminum trailer and riding lawn mower around town for various jobs maybe 2000 pounds total. I'm hoping I read that wrong or Mahindra is just trying to protect themselves from warranty abuse.

Speaking of warranty, do they have to be serviced at a Roxor dealer for it to be covered? It's 5 hours to the closest dealer to me. Just curious. Thanks so much!

Farmer78

I think that if you get too heavy a load towing, you might slip your clutch and damage it. If you are on pavement or concrete you can tow more lbs. If out on dirt or sand, a heavy load is harder to start moving, will heat up clutch plates and could damage the unit. As for the 15 mph, the roxor is factory "narrow gauge" and towing heavy loads could start "whipping" at higher speeds. As you get use to road conditions and weights you will be able to tell how much you can safely pull. I pulled 4800 lbs of hay on highway slowly (20 mph) in high range. When I got to the pasture I hit low 4x4 to ease the load on my clutch. This was too much for the roxor and I will use a truck or tractor the next time.

CTRAN

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks so much. I don't ever plan to tow more than it's rated for, I'm just wondering about the speed. 15mph max might get a little old buzzing around town. :)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Towing. One word- lawyers.

Warranty- magnuson moss act. No it does not have to be serviced at a dealership to retain warranty status. Although if you have a good relationship with a dealer that does help if there is a dispute with the manufacturer, they will typically go to bat for you and sometimes even eat the repairs to maintain that relationship. All depends on your dealer and your relationship with them.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I drug a downed tree out of the way with mine. I also took an 18ft heavy boat to the lake running 60mph with my 2022. No problem.

CTRAN

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I drug a downed tree out of the way with mine. I also took an 18ft heavy boat to the lake running 60mph with my 2022. No problem.
Now that's what I wanted to hear. I'm guessing I'll be fine towing my trailer and mower around town at 30-40mph. That's my goal

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I tow my jet ski (trailer and all likely around 1,000 lbs) and have never had issues travelling around 30mph on winding country roads. Sounds like your load might be heavier, but I tend to agree with Daddyflea that you are unlikely to encounter issues at modest speeds.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don’t forget about stopping when you pull - especially when you run any bigger tires than stock.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Don’t forget about stopping when you pull - especially when you run any bigger tires than stock.
What AZROX said, it's not too hard to get a heavy load rolling, BUT stopping it in an emergency is a whole different story, especially on hills. I would strongly suggest you go out on a back road, and put the load on your vehicle, and then try to make an emergency stop, like a kid or dog ran out in front of you, going say 20MPH and see how the vehicle reacts. If it starts to push you, let off the brakes and coast or you'll jack knife and things go from bad to catastrophic in the blink of an eye and will be almost impossible to recover from. Just keep upping your speed each time, and get a feel for how the vehicle reacts as well as emergency stopping distances you'll need. A good rule of thumb for driving is the 2 second rule, but with a load, it jumps to 6 to 8 seconds....in other words, DON'T tailgate.

The other reason is I'm pretty sure Roxor has a class II hitch which is rated for 3,500 pound MAX, so their lawyers say spec it out for 10 pounds UNDER the MAX capacity for that hitch.

I also "THINK" that once you go over 3,500 pound towing capacity, you are no longer considered in a UTV class of offroad vehicles, and now jump to a real on road vehicle and then they'll have to meet all current safety standards for on road vehicles.

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ol' gringo here Tucson. i tow my two axle 16 foot trailer all the with my 2019 Roxor.
40-50 mph never had a problem. i got over 5000 mi. on my lil rig.
could not be happier with my ROXOR.

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You all are making some interesting points and good stuff, but I believe that the suggested max towing speed refers to towing the roxor, not being towed by it.
In that vein, please let me share some of my thoughts….,,
Remember that when you tow a vehicle, things are turning that we really might not want to turn. If you don’t have locking front hubs or don’t unlock the ones you do have, the axles will turn, as well as the gears inside, the drive shafts, and the transfer case. Sure, you can put it and the transmission in neutral, but you’re still turning all that stuff. I always unlock my front axle, and I got a free-float axle kit and installed locking hubs on the rear axle so that when I tow it, the only things turning are the wheels. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the differentials, u-joints, transfer case, etc. It also rolls alot easier, which saves fuel in the towing vehicle.

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No issue with towing, keep the tongue weight 10-15% of trailer weight and you’ll have no stability problems.

I have towed this a few hundred miles, no real long distance trips with it but can pull easily at the speed limits of 55-65mph.
loaded weight has varied from 2100- 2800lbs.

AFD23994-0BD1-4AD3-A676-D4D203D4250A.jpeg

I have pulled this setup well over 9000 miles, loaded weight of the trailer is right at 1500 lbs. 75 mph is sustainable but it’s not my goal.

52A5E9BC-AC40-4616-8D3D-F9869BC9365C.jpeg

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The warranty is worth as much as the paper it’s written on. Put your trailer on there and drive it like you would normally. The Roxor can handle that load.

Charles Martin

Roxor #
Hi all,
So, is the max towing speed really 15mph? I was hoping to tow my aluminum trailer and riding lawn mower around town for various jobs maybe 2000 pounds total. I'm hoping I read that wrong or Mahindra is just trying to protect themselves from warranty abuse.

Speaking of warranty, do they have to be serviced at a Roxor dealer for it to be covered? It's 5 hours to the closest dealer to me. Just curious. Thanks so much!
I've towed my manual transmission Roxor at 55mph using a harbor freight tow bar with no problems. I was told 50mph with transmission in 1st gear and transfer case in neutral is recommended by Roxor. No auto transmission towing.

Atomus

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With 35 inch tires on my Roxor I can pull my 14 foot Jon boat with mud motor at full speed (~60 mph) or I can pull my tractor supply 5x8 utility trailer with a 900 lbs 4wheeler. I haven't had a do an emergency stop with it but I have flat farm land around me so I can slow down in advance. If towing in city's or wooded areas just go a bit slower.

Cobra1six

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No issue with towing, keep the tongue weight 10-15% of trailer weight and you’ll have no stability problems.

I have towed this a few hundred miles, no real long distance trips with it but can pull easily at the speed limits of 55-65mph.

View attachment 11652

I have pulled this setup well over 9000 miles, loaded weight of the trailer is right at 1500 lbs. 75 mph is sustainable but it’s not my goal.

View attachment 11651
Off subject but can you tell me about your top?

PEEPS

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

View attachment 11652

View attachment 11651
Who made you top? Thanks.