Flat towing with spartan lockers

DEKirk2

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I have flat towed my Roxor 500 or so miles warn hubs in 4x2 transfer case in neutral and the trans in 1st gear with no problems. I would now like to put spartan lockers in the rear and perhaps the front. Will I still be able to flat tow? What say you Roxor gurus?

B

Bister

I don't see why not. The front will still be fully disengaged if you are putting on hubs and the back will just do its thing. I don't have any experience towing with lockers, but I'm thinking if you couldn't tow with lockers installed, it would be mentioned in the accessory information about the lockers to in the manual under flat towing. I'm thinking lots of other vehicles with lockers have been towed over the years. I wouldn't be scared to tow mine. I have fronts and rears with the front hubs.

DEKirk2

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks Bister that is what I was thinking as well but figured I’d put it out for other opinions locker goes in next week,

Uncle Chuck

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi guys!
I have a 1964 CJ5 with a Dana 44 rear axle. (Same as the Roxor, although the Roxor axle isn’t actually made by Dana, it is a clone and Dana 44 parts will bolt right in.) I found a guy who sells a “free-floating” kit for the Jeep. It allowed me to put locking hubs on my REAR axle. With this setup, I can just disengage the hubs and tow it at any speed, for any distance, and the rear wheels just spin like it was a trailer axle. No movement of the diff gears or drive shafts. There’s a free-float kit available for the Roxor, but you’ll have to change some more internal parts to accommodate the change in spline count.
I’m planning to do this and add a Tru-trac locker. Eventually. Here’s the link for the Roxor kit.

5E18B523-30C9-4AB3-889E-E273F58DA926.png

Joe Roberts

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have had no issues flat towing with the Spartan locker in the rear.