ooooooooooo

FCA looking to block Mahindra

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
You’ll get a better ride between the increase in sidewall and the reduction of load capacity I’d say the sidewall difference will be the biggest factor in ride. I hate that the trend is larger wheel diameter. More of the masses driving auto makers or perhaps vice versa but the end is vehicles are built for looks/status and not for utility/work.

Got My Pirelli MTR 285/70R/17's C load range on the F150. OH MY GAWD is it so much better! Took the 20's off that came on it and the Firestone MT2's that I had almost worn out. They were 10 ply E rated. S H I T its so much more com compliant! I'm happy for a day or so. Lol.

BDRAG

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not long ago there was talk of a Mahindra pickup coming to the us. As I have worked in Angola and Haiti, I was surprised to see Toyotas, ford rangers and such that were diesel. Is a shame for some reason they are not available here in the US.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As it is sent to the US as a kit to be put together, just send me a kit. License as a kit car, street legal. Another option, build it to fit the many body reproductions of the original army flatfender ford/willys. Ford made more jeeps than willys ever did during wwll. Under contract from willys as they could not produce them fast enough. This jeep has been a long time coming. I wish it still had the flatfender look. I have taken off all mahindra stickers and such and put the stars of our military on.

sandyx

Founding Member
Unlike what many here assume, it doesn't come in 'kits' like 'jeep in a crate'. It comes in multiple large batches of similar parts and pieced together from all that on the factory floor. So there is no one kit sitting anywhere which could be mailed to anyone.

And the only flatfenders Mahindra made were on the CJ3B pattern. That production line was dismantled a decade ago. Round fender CJ pattern is the only assy line that still exist and that's why this vehicle is atleast even available. Bean counters at Mahindra India hates this vehicle. It's only someone's persistence which atleast kept it alive till US gave it a new lease of life. It would be too much to expect more.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Now what?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Now we pressure Trump. He will side with Mahindra against Chrysler. Lol. Ford can sue everyone on the planet that makes a pick up truck now. YES! Lol. Just another ruling by the screwed up mind set in our country. I'm am glad I am closer to the end of time than the beginning. Sighhhhhhhhh.

BDRAG

Tokarev

Standing by for statement from Mahindra....

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Straight from the source. No slant here. https://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337_1132_notice_06112020sgl.pdf
so it’s trade dress and not trademark. Is this only the grill like initially or does it include the tub design? My take is Mahindra will continue on with the new grill. I don’t see the tub changing but the rounded hood profile possibly. Worst case everything is made here and a huge FU would be hoisted upon Fiat since the issue at hand is essentially imports. I really see that possibility playing out. I too am waiting for Mahindra‘s official response. Hopefully soon.

Tokarev

Straight from the source. No slant here. https://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337_1132_notice_06112020sgl.pdf
so it’s trade dress and not trademark. Is this only the grill like initially or does it include the tub design? My take is Mahindra will continue on with the new grill. I don’t see the tub changing but the rounded hood profile possibly. Worst case everything is made here and a huge FU would be hoisted upon Fiat since the issue at hand is essentially imports. I really see that possibility playing out. I too am waiting for Mahindra‘s official response. Hopefully soon.
My understanding is that the 5 slot grill is okay. It is the vehicle's shape and general profile that too closely matches that of the Jeep.

So possibly Mahindra will need a new body tub entirely to continue US sales.

928dennis

My local dealer has no more on there lot, could this be because they got shut down from selling them? Don't know yet. Mahindra got there ass handed to them. Welcome to the US. Maybe a look-a-like early Ford Bronco next would be nice.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So now that the courts have decided that a ROXOR is a replica of past JEEP products, we should be allowed to make them street legal. Most every state has laws that let replica cars to be street legal. Diesel engines had almost no emissions regulations until 2007. So we should be good!!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My local dealer has no more on there lot, could this be because they got shut down from selling them? Don't know yet. Mahindra got there ass handed to them. Welcome to the US. Maybe a look-a-like early Ford Bronco next would be nice.
more likely due to the covid shutting down the manufacturing plant.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is only a ruling by The ITC. This is not a full blown court case. Since they are a commission, their opinions can be tossed by the president, based on his trade policy. Wait and see. I would say, that there is something to be said about the new Jeep truck. Funny how it looks like the Thar truck that has been sold around the world for years. I think this is far from over. Regardless, I have my Roxor and love it. Should it all go south, we should be able to get our parts through an ag dealer. Just my opinion.

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Agree. This is far from over. And the ITC as I understand was only looking at 18MY and 19MY. The new face takes this off of the table with the 20MY. Mahindra won’t be backing down. And like was mentioned earlier, this is a ruling by a commission. Stay tuned. Mahindra will be putting out a statement that better explains its position today so we will get a better view than just the Bloomberg short story and all that other stories that simply copied it and put it online.

Tokarev

Maybe not the appropriate area to post but it should cheer us up a little on a day like today:

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mahindra definitely poked the bear. FCA is putting steps in place to put the Roxor back in its spot and preventing future threats from other OEMs to it's business.

After building and selling a clasic Jeep clone in India for dozens of years, FCA did not care. It did not cut into FCA Jeep market in the US and Europe. Selling a Roxor in the US - even only as a side by side - that changed things.

Mahindra put the Roxor on the US market as a side by side. Period. I dont think the current battle is about the Roxor (or that it may become a passenger car). It is way too far off from being a passenger car. (40 - 50 years ago, maybe). I think the battle is about what could come in 5 or 10 years. The next OEM may put a Jeep-like passenger car on the US market. If FCA does not spoil Mahindra's attempt with the Roxor (even if it just a side by side), it will be next to impossible to stop the next OEM.
I think of Mahindra as creating a beach head. While Mahindra is ok with holding the beach (side by side). The next OEM may want to move farther inland (passenger car).

Now, we have a battle of wills. FCA is trying to find ways to keep Mahindra's Roxor in it's (side by side) place while sending signals to other OEMs. Mahindra is taking steps that would allow it to stay in the US side by side market by reducing the threat profile towards FCA.

The grill is just a design feature - easy change. Aftermarket companies figured out how to tune our Roxor's engines and lift the speed limiter. In response, Mahindra increased its offroad capability by changing gear ratios on the MY 2020. Mahindra probably did this mainly to appease FCA: Make it more difficult to get the Roxor on the highways.

Once FCA and Mahindra agree that the Roxor is a side by side, the battle will be over. This will take a while to get worked out. Again, i think the fight is less about Mahindra's Roxor as it is about sending a message to the next OEM with plans for a Jeep-like passenger vehicle.

While this plays out, would someone hold my beverage while I enjoy my (tuned, AZ street legal, 2019) Roxor, please?!? ?