ooooooooooo

Factory Heater install video

B

Bister

I put the factory heater in. This is a video of the install. I don’t show everything in detail, just a quick cover of the basics. It comes with very good instructions and everything needed and the Roxor is prewired for it. You will need a 90 degree angle drill, 32mm (1.25”) step bit or holesaw. Those were the 2 things not in my garage I had to borrow. I took me about 3 hours, but I think a second one would take about an hour. I spent time looking for things, like a tube to lower my coolant, and borrowing tools, etc.

After we took it for a ride and it throws very good heat and moves a lot of air. I could barely hold my hand under it while we were driving. I don’t have an enclosure yet. It’s on order.

B

Bister

For those that never looked at the Roxor accessory page, this is the defrost kit for this heater. I like the idea the way it is going to work, no holes to drill for vents or tubes to run under the dash. Looks like it is just going to slide over the heater under the dash and have air deflected where needed. Right now it blows straight down on to the floor. Another very simple design. I'm glad I went with the factory unit and did not try to rig something up myself. Another (minor) point about going with the factory stuff, anything new they come out with should work around the rest of the accessories.

DEFROST KIT
The Ultimate ROXOR Accessory for your soft cabin enclosure and heater is our new Defroster kit. The Defroster kit allows to control the climate inside the cab with adjustable floor vents and a big sweeping windshield vent to help keep your windshield clear. (Heater sold separately).

Part Number: 1202AAA00380N

MSRP: $109.99

defrost1.png

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for posting the video Bister. Nice install. Does the defrost option really wrap to the outside of the dash? That just seems odd. Anybody have pictures of the defrost part of the heater kit?

B

Bister

Thanks for posting the video Bister. Nice install. Does the defrost option really wrap to the outside of the dash? That just seems odd. Anybody have pictures of the defrost part of the heater kit?

Yep, it comes up the front according to the picture. That is the only picture available until someone buys the defrost kit. Mines on order. It's going to be a real simple install though. I don't mind it, I think I would rather do this than start cutting up the dash, but thats just me.