ooooooooooo

Instrument Cluster Cycles Startup When Key is Off

Rush Creek

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2019 model, bought used with 800 hours and 200 miles. When I purchased it, the Instrument Cluster would work for a few minutes, then intermittently, then not at all. The speedometer would work, but the LED display would quit. I didn't worry about it too much. Then, when I turned the key off, the Instrument Cluster cycles through the startup protocol, then stops, then does it again every 5 seconds. It drained the battery the first time. Being ignorant, I jump started it. It worked. It didn't seem to cause any problems. I charged the battery completely and it starts and runs fine now.

I found that the instrument cluster runs through fuse under the dash F31. When I remove that fuse, it won't cycle through the startup protocol with the key off, but I have to reinstall it to have monitors while driving, and then take it out when I park it, or it drains the battery.

I cleaned grounds at the battery, on the firewalls both inside and outside, and cleaned the connections with QD Electronic Cleaner at the Instrument Cluster.

Nothing has changed. I did research this and found only 1 other reference to this problem and apologize if it is redunant.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Interesting. Maybe the keyswitch is dirty or faulty causing voltage to jump terminals.