ooooooooooo

Condensation in gauge cluster

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone else gotten condensation in their gauge cluster? I finished washing it today and I have a bunch of droplets and fog in there. It's weird because I usually use a high pressure wand at the diy car wash, but today I actually took the time to hand wash with the garden hose. I'm hoping it will dry out, but would also like to keep it from happening again.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is kind of weird. Disconnect the two connectors from the back so that it can evaporate faster. If you continue to have issues, let me know and we can figure something out.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've never had that issue, but mine is hand washed and garage kept. I wonder if you disconnect it and let it dry really good, then maybe reseal it? What year, what part of the country do you live in?

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep, I am hoping someone else had success in resealing it and knows the right way to open and seal it. So far it's still functioning properly, just foggy inside. It's a 2019 in central montana. It is outside all summer every year and in the heated garage unless I'm out playing in it during the winter.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep, I am hoping someone else had success in resealing it and knows the right way to open and seal it. So far it's still functioning properly, just foggy inside. It's a 2019 in central montana. It is outside all summer every year and in the heated garage unless I'm out playing in it during the winter.
Unless the plastic housing is cracked, the only potential entry points for water are the front seal and the sealed connectors. One of those seals would have to fail for an intact unit to leak.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is kind of weird. Disconnect the two connectors from the back so that it can evaporate faster. If you continue to have issues, let me know and we can figure something out.
Thank you for the response on it as well. I completely looked past it earlier. I've got it unplugged now. I'll see what happens.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Unless the plastic housing is cracked, the only potential entry points for water are the front seal and the sealed connectors. One of those seals would have to fail for an intact unit to leak.
That's what's weird about it. There's no physical damage on it at all. The only thing I can figure is UV breakdown of the seal. I bought it new spring of 20 and it's been inside probably 2/3 of its life. I have to think others see more UV than mine.
I'll be sending it your way once winter comes knocking. I appreciate the support and fast response!

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's what's weird about it. There's no physical damage on it at all. The only thing I can figure is UV breakdown of the seal. I bought it new spring of 20 and it's been inside probably 2/3 of its life. I have to think others see more UV than mine.
I'll be sending it your way once winter comes knocking. I appreciate the support and fast response!
Sounds good.

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2019 and I’m looking for a replacement gauge cluster. Planning to keep one in a faraday bag for a spare. Anybody know where I can find one?????

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
An external regulator or GM 1 wire alternator and standalone gauges is going to be the long term solution for the Roxor.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
An external regulator or GM 1 wire alternator and standalone gauges is going to be the long term solution for the Roxor.
You’ll need to address the vacuum pump if you ditch the factory alternator

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The only thing the gauge provides for the alternator is the charge warning light. Adding a new light seems far easier than swapping the alternator.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe if you disconnect the gauge then the alternator no longer charges. Something with the wiring and the exciter signal looping back to the alternator

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's interesting, and I trust you would be the one to know with your experience. Up until this evening I was under the impression the gauge functioned similar to a bcm to excite the alternator as needed to charge the battery. I had been driving all day (many short trips) with it disconnected, and figured it would be smart to charge the battery. My automatic charger showed fully charged immediately upon connection.