ooooooooooo

Diesel Freak tune...Wow!

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve purchased a few things from Diesel Freak for my Roxor and decided to pull the trigger on a stage 2 tune. I’ve got a 2019 auto trans with 3.73 gears and I’ve been a little disappointed with the trans at times. It likes to upshift early and lug down too low before back shifting. Well I talked to Wade and he suggested trying a stage 2 before re-gearing. I’m so glad I did! The difference in power is incredible and the transmission seems to shift more appropriately now with the extra power. I climbed some hills today in 4 high second gear that I couldn’t make up in 4 high first gear before the tune. When you stomp on the throttle it flat goes instead of building speed slowly like it did stock. My temps are reading the same as before and gas mileage even registered the same. I’m still running the stock 29” tires but I know it will turn 33’s no problem, especially in low range. Diesel Freak has it reprogrammed in one day and it runs like a top. I know there are cheaper tunes out there but I know the people at Diesel Freak stand behind thier stuff and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them in a heartbeat!

3B3825DF-17FF-4398-BCC9-06BED49EDE25.jpeg

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve purchased a few things from Diesel Freak for my Roxor and decided to pull the trigger on a stage 2 tune. I’ve got a 2019 auto trans with 3.73 gears and I’ve been a little disappointed with the trans at times. It likes to upshift early and lug down too low before back shifting. Well I talked to Wade and he suggested trying a stage 2 before re-gearing. I’m so glad I did! The difference in power is incredible and the transmission seems to shift more appropriately now with the extra power. I climbed some hills today in 4 high second gear that I couldn’t make up in 4 high first gear before the tune. When you stomp on the throttle it flat goes instead of building speed slowly like it did stock. My temps are reading the same as before and gas mileage even registered the same. I’m still running the stock 29” tires but I know it will turn 33’s no problem, especially in low range. Diesel Freak has it reprogrammed in one day and it runs like a top. I know there are cheaper tunes out there but I know the people at Diesel Freak stand behind thier stuff and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them in a heartbeat!

View attachment 7017
Thank you for the info!!

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the same set up.... stage 2 with auto and 3.73s ...have you checked the mileage? What is your top speed ?( like with a scan gauge) ... I have a windshield which could affect something ....my scan gauge says I'm getting about 21-23 mpg going about 45 ...it looks low to me , was hoping for at least 30mpg ...

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t have a windshield but I’m getting around 28mpg. I’m mostly 25-30 on avg running trails though.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t have a windshield but I’m getting around 28mpg. I’m mostly 25-30 on avg running trails though.

Question, I have and auto, 3.73 gears and did stage 2
It lags so bad in 30-3ph range like its going to stall, but it’s the trans not down shifting. Mine never did that before the tune. Yours did that before?

also, how do you check the auto transfluid level?
Thank you!

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine did that before and a little less after. I find when it's starting to lag like that I let off the gas for a second and it will downshift. I wish the auto shift points would be a little higher and downshift a little sooner, like a trailer mode. In 4 low though it works really well.