ooooooooooo

ECU tune prices

Gypsyjon

Can anyone explain the large differences in prices for the various Roxor tunes? Seems like they range from about $300 up to $700.

Is there any difference between the $300 tune and the $700 tune?

TIA

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good question I'm not sure why a tune would cost 600 to 700 dollars but everything aftermarket seems to be pricey.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The more expensive ones like KMS include a new ECU. Thus if you need warranty work you can put factory unit back in.
I’m guessing the other price variability is due to confidence/reputation of the programmer.

Last edited:

Tim R

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The more expensive ones like KMS include a new ECU. Thus if you need warranty work you can put factory unit back in.
I’m guessing the other price variability is due to confidence/reputation of the programmer.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After Wade from diesel freak called and walked me through what they do and all the parameters they massage in the process I decided to send my ECU in to him to get tuned. Hard part is now I can't use the Roxor, it is just sitting lonely in the garage waiting for the wizard to give it a brain.

RxR Performance

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tuning cost typically vary by the three major components:
-research and testing invested in the files
-tools and equipment used to flash modules (including license and subscription costs)
-support for the end user

Often cheaper calibrations are offered by someone who has copied another's work or just made simple edits for added fuel but not the appropriate changes to injection pressure, timing, and smoke limiters to optimize the tune. The best way to choose your tuner is to look at their experience in tuning common rail diesel engines and how well they are able to answer your technical questions. Because most customers are after basic performance calibrations, there is not a lot of customization required per vehicle unless significant upgrades have been made to the turbo, or fuel system.

Our experience comes from tuning high performance light duty trucks and race engines for Duramax, Cummins and Powerstroke engines. We are thankful that Mahindra chose Bosch components for their fuel system as we have worked with quality companies like Exergy perf. for many years on high performance Bosch fuel system components, so it gives us a leg up on the physics and principles of the Bosch components and control modules.

Happy Off-Roading!

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tuning cost typically vary by the three major components:
-research and testing invested in the files
-tools and equipment used to flash modules (including license and subscription costs)
-support for the end user

Often cheaper calibrations are offered by someone who has copied another's work or just made simple edits for added fuel but not the appropriate changes to injection pressure, timing, and smoke limiters to optimize the tune. The best way to choose your tuner is to look at their experience in tuning common rail diesel engines and how well they are able to answer your technical questions. Because most customers are after basic performance calibrations, there is not a lot of customization required per vehicle unless significant upgrades have been made to the turbo, or fuel system.

Our experience comes from tuning high performance light duty trucks and race engines for Duramax, Cummins and Powerstroke engines. We are thankful that Mahindra chose Bosch components for their fuel system as we have worked with quality companies like Exergy perf. for many years on high performance Bosch fuel system components, so it gives us a leg up on the physics and principles of the Bosch components and control modules.

Happy Off-Roading!
When I get a tune, I wanna be able to roll coal since it is an off road vehicle....