ooooooooooo

Dealer installed factory heater leaks

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor is one of the 2018 specials that came with a hard top, light bar, and winch. I also had my dealer install Warne Locking Hubs, turn signals, and mirrors to make it street legal here in Utah.

I bought the machine in September of last year and used it for hunting last fall, but did not use it much during the winter. I had no issues with the heater. I started using it a lot this spring and have been using it for deer and elk hunting. My first trip up the mountain this year I ran the heater and the next morning I found a puddle of fluid underneath it. I figured out it was anti-freeze leaking from the heater and did not use the heater the rest of the trip. When I got back, I took the machine to the dealer and they claimed they could not duplicate the problem. I went back up to hunt early this week and it leaked again.

I suspect that the dealer did not run the heater with the high speed switch on and for this reason could not duplicate the leak. I have a call into them to discuss how to proceed from here (they're 45 minutes away).

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their heater?
IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If it’s a factory heater core look under there and hope they installed the clamps where you can get to the adjuster. I tightened mine up after the unit was in just for this reason otherwise you’ll have to remove the whole core to get to them. When I first installed it I had a similar leak. One clamp needed be tightened a little more. Was very easy cause I made sure I could get to the adjuster screw. I suspect that is what your problem is.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If it’s a factory heater core look under there and hope they installed the clamps where you can get to the adjuster. I tightened mine up after the unit was in just for this reason otherwise you’ll have to remove the whole core to get to them. When I first installed it I had a similar leak. One clamp needed be tightened a little more. Was very easy cause I made sure I could get to the adjuster screw. I suspect that is what your problem is.
Thanks for the information!

B

Bister

Running the fan won't effect a leak, ever. It's probably just a loose hose clamp, worst case the core is bad. Fan will never effect a bad core or hose clamp leak. Coolant temp might. My comments are all assuming that you do not have valves' somewhere that turn off coolant flowing to the core when it is off. Mine is what I call live, the coolant flows all the time.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Running the fan won't effect a leak, ever. It's probably just a loose hose clamp, worst case the core is bad. Fan will never effect a bad core or hose clamp leak. Coolant temp might. My comments are all assuming that you do not have valves' somewhere that turn off coolant flowing to the core when it is off. Mine is what I call live, the coolant flows all the time.

It only seems to leak after the Roxor has been been shut down and the machine has been sitting overnight.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It only seems to leak after the Roxor has been been shut down and the machine has been sitting overnight.

when it warms up the coolant tubes In the heater coil expand. When it expands any potential leak is sealed. Once they cool they contract and the heater hose to tube is no longer sealed good. Have run across this with coolant lines leaking after temps drop in the winter. They leak sitting still overnight but never leak while running. Typically it’s just a clamp that needs to be tightened a little more. Take a peek under the dash and either a flat head screwdriver or I think a 5/16 wrench a (May be metric, not sure) should be to tighten the clamp up. Probably only take 1/4-1/2 turn to stop the leak

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
when it warms up the coolant tubes In the heater coil expand. When it expands any potential leak is sealed. Once they cool they contract and the heater hose to tube is no longer sealed good. Have run across this with coolant lines leaking after temps drop in the winter. They leak sitting still overnight but never leak while running. Typically it’s just a clamp that needs to be tightened a little more. Take a peek under the dash and either a flat head screwdriver or I think a 5/16 wrench a (May be metric, not sure) should be to tighten the clamp up. Probably only take 1/4-1/2 turn to stop the leak

Do you take the dash off to get to it, or lie on your back somehow to reach it?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just lie on your back and try not to get it ll jacked on the tub door opening. You’ll be able to see the two hoses coming to into the coil. Like I said earlier hopefully the dealer oriented the clamps in a position where you can get to them. you don’t want to remove the core if you don’t have to. I had a hell of time getting some of the bolts to line up on mine. Not sure how yours will be, my drilling could have been off. Plus it’s more work if all you need to do is just snug a clamp some more.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just lie on your back and try not to get it ll jacked on the tub door opening. You’ll be able to see the two hoses coming to into the coil. Like I said earlier hopefully the dealer oriented the clamps in a position where you can get to them. you don’t want to remove the core if you don’t have to. I had a hell of time getting some of the bolts to line up on mine. Not sure how yours will be, my drilling could have been off. Plus it’s more work if all you need to do is just snug a clamp some more.

The dealer claimed that they tightened it when they had it. But I will see what I can do....

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They can get loose over time with heat/cool cycles.

The second leak (in the photo) occurred after the dealer had supposedly fixed it and I used the heater driving up to 10,000 feet from my home at 5700 feet.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
c8043a7f340f2ba6bd3007dd33cc28a8.jpg

This is mine looking from the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m a similar issue in my 2019. Did it turn out to be just a loose clamp?
The latest on this issue is that I took the machine in to the dealer to have a hard cab installed and to check the problem again. Supposedly, they were going to check it with another core. Like most of the dealers I have dealt with, their communication sucks. Right now, I don't have an answer, but I am hoping to know here shortly. I don't want to mess with it myself because it is all still under warranty. When I get the final answer, I will post it here.

Bosn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone have a picture or instructions for factory heater install. Mine hacer no instructions. Anything would help

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Most of the time the simplest solution is usually the right one. I've also found most issues are due to installation mistakes, not manufactures defects. If you really want to improve your skills it's imperative you be honest with yourself and not try to automatically blame a problem on the manufacturer. Looks like your dealer made it right so good for them.