ooooooooooo

Factory Defrost kit installed today

B

Bister

I picked up the defrost kit from my dealer Universe Satellite Sales / Arctic Cat and installed it. I like it and no cutting up the dash or even drilling. I did find it restricted the fan some, so I added an extra 2” hole on the back side. I like that one blowing straight down cause I usually toss my gloves there and they stay nice and warm. A guy could order an extra vent online for about $8.00 if you wanted, but if you close the other 2 you still have more than enough air coming up top. ?.

Front hubs and rear lunchbox locker go in next week, then I think that’s it for a while. Maybe front locker in the spring or before next winter. The piggy bank is still in the ICU.

PS. I waited till it warmed up some to come feed the birds at the shack. Nice day in Saskatchewan today now that our cold snap is just about over. Lol

5A9B0327-12B7-4E1F-8E40-6CCAD5F24381.jpegF62E40F3-576B-455B-BF59-32A61503E506.jpeg3A14723B-F090-4857-9ED0-5E7647C84B78.jpegF7B2AF3D-87AC-4392-8C89-F217ECDD97F3.jpeg5784099C-C761-48FD-BBB0-E4C8E65B7A36.jpeg4E4A9959-2A67-46D2-89D8-5BB5B8C13201.jpegB2D8F9FA-C66B-40AA-AED1-3A1FA69A448E.jpeg

B

Bister

It’s no F150 that’s for sure. Lol

It’s good in the trails out if the wind. On the road it gets cool, but that is a draft coming from the back. The tail gate has about a half inch gap long the bottom x 36” gives you an 18 square inches of hole back there and it’s noticeable. I’m going to pick up some weather striping and close that off. I also put weather stripping along the bottom of my windshield. It’s needed there or you will just have a good supply of fresh cold air. Minor stuff to remedy. I also closed mine off with a half wall behind the seats. It keeps a lot more heat up front. When you get it working plowing snow, it gets hot in there. Worst is open road at higher speeds, cools off, but your feet stay warm as hell. Also, if you’re out in this thing, this time of year, you’re probably not dressed in flip flops and shorts. Lol

I think the defrost will be good. I’ll know better when I come back after the dog walk with 2 panting dogs and me puffing, that fogs me up fast in there. I was using a fan that worked good on my side. I took it out now

My half wall. I’m going to paint it all up better in the summer.
56A08CC8-C791-4633-B91A-6996957C8E2F.jpeg

Reactions: lcp

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Question: I saw this in some of your other pics and it’s got me wondering. What is that square thing about 1”x2” on your floorboard between you accelerator and what appears to be a CB microphone coiled cord?

It’s directly below your defrost tube coming from your heater.

I checked my Roxor and I don’t have that.

B

Bister

Lol
Question: I saw this in some of your other pics and it’s got me wondering. What is that square thing about 1”x2” on your floorboard between you accelerator and what appears to be a CB microphone coiled cord?

It’s directly below your defrost tube coming from your heater.

I checked my Roxor and I don’t have that.
Lol. It’s a magnet. It holds my phone sometimes. The thing that looks like a CB cord is either my plow or a power point cord that I plug into to power my plow lights. I haven’t wired them in permanent yet.