ooooooooooo

Custom Vehicle Registration

MaineRox

Has anyone been successful in registering your vehicle as a "Custom Vehicle?" If so, how'd you do it?

I know a few have done so as an "assembled Vehicle," but that's not what I'm looking for here. Maine uses a "Custom Vehicle" designation that seems to be the closest path for a Roxor. They also having multiple other vehicle designations: "Altered vehicle," "Antique auto," "Classic vehicle," "Low-speed vehicle," "Reconstructed vehicle," "Street rod." It doesn't seem likely that any of those will work.

If I can only find someone selling a Roxor with a "Custom Vehicle" registration/title, then, maybe, I've got a shot. :)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dig through the statutes. You’ll find what a “custom vehicle” is and how to get that status

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone been successful in registering your vehicle as a "Custom Vehicle?" If so, how'd you do it?

I know a few have done so as an "assembled Vehicle," but that's not what I'm looking for here. Maine uses a "Custom Vehicle" designation that seems to be the closest path for a Roxor. They also having multiple other vehicle designations: "Altered vehicle," "Antique auto," "Classic vehicle," "Low-speed vehicle," "Reconstructed vehicle," "Street rod." It doesn't seem likely that any of those will work.

If I can only find someone selling a Roxor with a "Custom Vehicle" registration/title, then, maybe, I've got a shot. :)
I did mine thru the kit car process in Michigan
557093F9-F7EB-4F7E-8309-170FEE15B814.jpeg

MaineRox

I did mine thru the kit car process in Michigan

I might end up going your route in the long term, but Maine differentiates between custom and kit. In Michigan, is there a difference between kit and custom? Knit picking, I know, but Maine is such a "nanny state" I need to figure out a way to have the vehicle already registered as "custom" before trying to register it here.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I might end up going your route in the long term, but Maine differentiates between custom and kit. In Michigan, is there a difference between kit and custom? Knit picking, I know, but Maine is such a "nanny state" I need to figure out a way to have the vehicle already registered as "custom" before trying to register it here.
My understanding is they are the same thing in Michigan and minnesota.