ooooooooooo

Dirt Legal registration - VA

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello all - I took the plunge and paid Dirt Legal to set my rox up for street legal paperwork and plates. Anyone else used these guys - and gotchas to be aware of? I am in VA - but the plate will be a SD plate and title. auto renewal online each year. Thoughts?

WillysJeep

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just sent my paperwork in yesterday. I’m in Idaho in a town of 500 people. Idaho issues a restricted plate for use in city limits and posted speed limit 45 and under. I thought I would be clear but one officer knew it was a Roxor and pulled me over and gave me a warning. We ended up talking about the Roxor and off roading for half an hour. Anyway there is a town about 15 miles away that I travel to regularly... it is on his patrol... not many orange “Jeeps” in town. I will post the next time I get pulled over with SD plates and report.

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just sent my paperwork in yesterday. I’m in Idaho in a town of 500 people. Idaho issues a restricted plate for use in city limits and posted speed limit 45 and under. I thought I would be clear but one officer knew it was a Roxor and pulled me over and gave me a warning. We ended up talking about the Roxor and off roading for half an hour. Anyway there is a town about 15 miles away that I travel to regularly... it is on his patrol... not many orange “Jeeps” in town. I will post the next time I get pulled over with SD plates and report.
Thanks - I am interested to see how it all shakes out. I haven't gotten dinged yet - but I have limited my use to around the neighborhood so far. I have farm use plate on there for now. No trails near me without getting on some main roads. I sent my paperwork in yesterday also. I will report back anything I find/learn as well. Good luck.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello all - I took the plunge and paid Dirt Legal to set my rox up for street legal paperwork and plates. Anyone else used these guys - and gotchas to be aware of? I am in VA - but the plate will be a SD plate and title. auto renewal online each year. Thoughts?
I have full size VA plates, private message me....
1F964C33-7B5F-4644-846F-8E2942EC2B2D.jpeg

1F964C33-7B5F-4644-846F-8E2942EC2B2D.jpeg

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would like to do mine through Dirt Legal also and live in Kentucky. Would love to hear from someone else in Ky. who has done this. Thanks

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can do everything yourself. No need to pay dirt legal anything if all you want is a South Dakota plate which is most likely what they’ll do. Now just because you have a plate from South Dakota doesn’t mean your going to be legal in your home state. Research research research. and by that I mean don’t depend on somebody saying they have that plate a have had no problems. That may indeed may be true but it doesn’t make them legal, just lucky thus far. I know in texas the South Dakota plate won’t get you very far. It’s still an OHV and texas has clear statutes that prohibit the licensing and operating on the road with a few very clear exemptions. Your going to need to delve into your states motor vehicle laws. The nice thing is they should all be available to search and view online.

so your still intent on getting a South Dakota plate. heres how to do the legwork:

Per your request below, you can print the forms off our website at : County Treasurers

You will need the application (form 1001) and the off road affidavit (form 1014).

Send them in along with your title, and bill of sale if you just purchased the UTV. We will need a copy of you out of state Driver License and a copy of your Social Security Number (send a copy of your card, a W2, a 1098 or a 1099).

Include your contact information and we will contact you when we receive your paperwork. You can pay fees with a credit card. We charge a 2.49% service fee. If you want to send a cashier's check or money order payable to Pennington County Treasurer, or if you have further questions, please give our office a call at the number listed below.

Thank you,

Your name: txroadkill
Your e-mail address:
Your phone number:
Message: I need information on how I can license my utv in South Dakota as a non resident. Could you please email me the forms necessary to do so.

Cora Fried
Pennington County Treasurer's Office
130 Kansas City Street; Suite 250
PO BOX 6160
Rapid City SD 57709

605-394-2163
605-394-2162 FAX

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I use Clay County in SD and they are very willing and available to do everything by phone. Super polite and easy to ask questions, make payments, etc. They even send forms when I explain that I do not have a printer, lol