ooooooooooo

Lien sign off for assembled vehicle by Mahindra?

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So looks like the first hurdle in Michigan to street title my Roxor is going to be the Lien holder signing off on an assembled title. I was told by the secretary of state my finance company (Went through Mahindra) needs to provide a letter stating they will transfer the lien to the new "assembled vehicle" VIN. Has anyone who's financed through Mahindra went this route? If so any advice on how it went or what the steps are? The LEO inspection and re-title doesn't seem to be a big deal but I'm thinking getting Mahindra to allow the swap the Lien to a new VIN number is unlikely?

Roxor94

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I financed through liberty bank and they didn’t want to authorize the assembled vehicle vin. I called my credit union and opened a home equity line of credit at a lower interest rate so my title had a clear lien. This might not be a good option for everyone, but my house is almost paid for so I did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Willys

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So looks like the first hurdle in Michigan to street title my Roxor is going to be the Lien holder signing off on an assembled title. I was told by the secretary of state my finance company (Went through Mahindra) needs to provide a letter stating they will transfer the lien to the new "assembled vehicle" VIN. Has anyone who's financed through Mahindra went this route? If so any advice on how it went or what the steps are? The LEO inspection and re-title doesn't seem to be a big deal but I'm thinking getting Mahindra to allow the swap the Lien to a new VIN number is unlikely?
Hi - can you share the steps and paperwork required to make a Roxor street legal in Michigan (for Michigan residents)? Thanks!

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My understanding is you need to have all the parts for it to be street legal, windshield, washers, blinkers, etc. If you have a loan on the vehicle your Lien holder (bank) has to provide a letter agreeing to allow you to retitle the vehicle with a new assembled vehicle VIN number. Once you have those things completed you have a law enforcement officer inspect the vehicle using a form you obtain online of from the Secretary of State. After the LEO signs off you take the form and agreement by your bank to the Secretary of State and pay taxes on whatever parts you bought to make it street legal (save your receipts and you can avoid taxes twice) and pay for a new title. They will have a SOS employee schedule an appointment with you to come re-inspect the vehicle and then issue you a physical new VIN sticker and then eventually you’ll get your new assembled vehicle title and can get a license plate for it. I was told it takes several weeks for them to do the inspection once you submit the paperwork.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My understanding is you need to have all the parts for it to be street legal, windshield, washers, blinkers, etc. If you have a loan on the vehicle your Lien holder (bank) has to provide a letter agreeing to allow you to retitle the vehicle with a new assembled vehicle VIN number. Once you have those things completed you have a law enforcement officer inspect the vehicle using a form you obtain online of from the Secretary of State. After the LEO signs off you take the form and agreement by your bank to the Secretary of State and pay taxes on whatever parts you bought to make it street legal (save your receipts and you can avoid taxes twice) and pay for a new title. They will have a SOS employee schedule an appointment with you to come re-inspect the vehicle and then issue you a physical new VIN sticker and then eventually you’ll get your new assembled vehicle title and can get a license plate for it. I was told it takes several weeks for them to do the inspection once you submit the paperwork.
Yup that sounds about right

BAD7ADF7-946F-45DF-AC77-CFBC3F30AD56.jpeg

Willys

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Many thanks for a complete response Sir!