ooooooooooo

Custom Dash???

cohocarl

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am very seriously thinking about picking up a Roxor, but still debating if it would be right for "me". Being a gearhead for 50 years, the more gauges the better...
Has anyone thought about the possibility of fabricating a "dash board" that would bolt on and re-mount the existing gauge & switches which would give additional room for other options?
I found these pics of some fabricated dashboards which would be a little overboard, but you get the idea.
Just a thought...

Dash.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I love the dash as is, but for someone who's done stuff like that, this would be easy. It's just a flat piece.

I plan on adding gauges, but only a few.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I don't see how you could improve much on the existing design. Simple, works perfect and easy to modify. I wouldn't change it. A simple hole saw gets you more gauge room and there's lots of knockouts for adding switches. Only Issue I see is, down the road, there's going to be alot of ring ding wiring jobs and holes drilled everywhere, much like most of the 30 yr old jeeps you see around.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’d like two combo gauges:

Boost/egr
Temp/fuel pressure

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was thinking boost and egt as well but from what I've read the turbo is a very small, "soft" unit and probably only pulls about 5-10lbs and the exhaust temps at these power levels would be no where near critical. I see some other people have unreal expectations for this engine especially after they've witnessed a duramax or cummins with a 1000ft lbs of torque these days. Think of this motor as an old 6.9 or 6.2. Not alot of power, good fuel mileage and last forever with decent maintenance. That's my take away anyways.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The turbo is very little. Regardless, more boost I think will help the overall package. It's nice and torquey, but a little more boost wouldn't hurt anything. Might actually help.

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
My son, Reed owns www.workturbochargers.com and I've made him aware of the ROXOR and he's trying to find one local to look at...He builds anything that has a turbo on it...snow mobiles, jet ski's...pulling tractors, drones, plus the usual Super Duty, Durimax, and all the autos that run 'em Hopefully he will get to see one up close and give us some feedback....

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
I would like to replace the dash in the SE with a real machined-jeweled stainless or aluminum panel. The stock dash attains that look with some sort of a plastic sticker.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My son, Reed owns www.workturbochargers.com and I've made him aware of the ROXOR and he's trying to find one local to look at...He builds anything that has a turbo on it...snow mobiles, jet ski's...pulling tractors, drones, plus the usual Super Duty, Durimax, and all the autos that run 'em Hopefully he will get to see one up close and give us some feedback....
I live down in Jackson. Hell, he could look at mine if he wanted. I stay gone so much, it just sits there alot....

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I were to start over, to start, would be a sheet of 1/4 plate aluminum.......the positivities are endless