ooooooooooo

False aluminum dash "paper" starting to peel off

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We have had our Roxor for almost two years now and the false "aluminum" paper that covers the dashboard is starting to peel off around the steering wheel. I am not sure if this started to happen when the dealer installed the Hard Cab on my machine about 6 months ago. I am not sure what to do about this? Do I just trim off the "bad" part and paint it with Rustoleum, or ???? I don't really care to make a warranty claim. I never realized that this was not an actual piece of aluminum or stainless plate.

Has anyone else here dealt with this issue?

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am thinking of trimming it, taping it off, and painting the exposed metal.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are two photos showing the paper starting to peel off from the dash. I really thought this was aluminum plate. Is aluminum plate that expensive?

IMG_2392.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg IMG_2394.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ahh, I see what you are talking about now. That is on the LE's only I believe. That is odd for that to crack. I wonder if you could buy a roll of it and redo the entire dash.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ahh, I see what you are talking about now. That is on the LE's only I believe. That is odd for that to crack. I wonder if you could buy a roll of it and redo the entire dash.
Well, since it's under warranty, I could probably get them to send it to me, but I really don't want to take it to the dealer 45 miles away, and I am not interested in pulling the dash myself. I probably just will put Gorilla tape around the flange for the steering wheel and call it good. I use my machine just about every other day in town to run errands.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I definitely agree, if it is completely cosmetic, i would do that.(y)

B

Bister

I don't know what's under it. I haven't peeled it off.
Have a peak. Maybe with a little luck it is the standard black dash the rest of us have and you can just peal it all off and you'll be good to go. that is with a little luck of course. if you do, a heat gun will probably help.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's possible that you could squirt some super glue on the backside of the peeling parts. I know it's probably not aluminum, but cyanoacrylate bonds really well to aluminum and a lot of other stuff.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have a peak. Maybe with a little luck it is the standard black dash the rest of us have and you can just peal it all off and you'll be good to go. that is with a little luck of course. if you do, a heat gun will probably help.
Our standard black is just a sticker as well, mine is pealing in the corner