ooooooooooo

Cluster F#$@

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Certainly most hope you're right that this is just a temporary parts supply chain issue and MANA intends to resume providing parts for all Roxors as soon as possible. If this is the case, then it should be easy to just say so. Instead, folks see their dealerships closed down and are unable to get straight answers about spare parts availability beyond "on back order." Blaming China, the FCA lawsuit, COVID, while all factors, is no substitute for customer service silence that leaves owners in the lurch. Under current circumstances, saying nothing, especially while Mahindra is trying to reintroduce the 2022 Roxor, is not just curious neglect, it is incompetence. MANA would be well advised to take notice that some of their initial customers are increasingly unhappy and starting to get cold feet. The company that began with a great product and customer service that went out of its way to cultivate loyal followers is starting to seem a faded version of its original self.
This is exactly my issue. They wont return my adopted (new) dealer's emails. They wont return his phone calls. I have called customer service many times with no answers. The person at SIMCO (the cluster manufacturer) gave me the name and email address of the Mahindra rep they deal with. He has not returned my emails. This would never occur with John Deere. It is really shameful.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Certainly most hope you're right that this is just a temporary parts supply chain issue and MANA intends to resume providing parts for all Roxors as soon as possible. If this is the case, then it should be easy to just say so. Instead, folks see their dealerships closed down and are unable to get straight answers about spare parts availability beyond "on back order." Blaming China, the FCA lawsuit, COVID, while all factors, is no substitute for customer service silence that leaves owners in the lurch. Under current circumstances, saying nothing, especially while Mahindra is trying to reintroduce the 2022 Roxor, is not just curious neglect, it is incompetence. MANA would be well advised to take notice that some of their initial customers are increasingly unhappy and starting to get cold feet. The company that began with a great product and customer service that went out of its way to cultivate loyal followers is starting to seem a faded version of its original self.
I agree with you 110%, they should be saying A LOT more than what they are, but I'm sure they are also taking advice from their lawyers, and we all know how lawyers can be, especially after the past couple years or so and what they've been through. They may also want to be careful about saying too much that's negative against their suppliers. Again, I don't know, but I know this, they would not have spent the capital to redesigned the Roxor, only to crap in their own bed by purposely not supplying repair parts to their customers. It sucks, but I think we're going to have to just take a deep breath and trust that they're doing all they can to work this out. I know at this point in time, it's a crap sandwich for customers....take a bite or starve, but it will get better I'm sure.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I shouldn't speak on the subject, but that makes perfect sense....
Has anyone tried to get schematics or a layout for the circuit board from Simco? They will likely say no to the request. But maybe they have an applicarion engineer tjat is wiling to support the issue

An electronics repair shop (or electrical engineering student with a lab) will need two things to do a thorough analysis:
- The board schematics show what is connected (e.g. components), voltages at each point.
- The board layout shows how the schematics are translated into the actual traces on the board. For instance, a board can have multiple layers of traces or components on front and back.

Without the schematics or layouts, an electronics tech could still look for bad solder joints or cracked traces.

With the schematics and layout, an electronics tech (or a electrical engineering college student / associates degree candidate with a lab) can take a scope and measure voltages (or signals) on components.

Some thoughts:
- Since only some clusters are affected and not all that were built, it is not a design flaw.
- since the failed clusters worked for some time, I believe that
(a) something on the board broke (bad solder joint, broken trace) due to vibration
(b) or an overvoltage fried a component.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Amazing how Mahindra can sponsor a NASCAR team and even win a race, but they can't fix my cluster. I emailed the photo of the circuit board to several electronic shops that fix auto and farm equipment electronics and they all declined.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Amazing how Mahindra can sponsor a NASCAR team and even win a race, but they can't fix my cluster. I emailed the photo of the circuit board to several electronic shops that fix auto and farm equipment electronics and they all declined.
I'm not sure there's anything amazing about it. I mean having money to sponsor a race team, has nothing to do with the ability to get replacement parts, like computer chips, out of China. It's like saying it's amazing someone can invite me over to dinner for T-bone steaks during the pandemic, but can't put a roll of toilet paper in their bathroom when I need to use it. If you can not find something and buy it, all the money in the world won't make a difference.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm not sure there's anything amazing about it. I mean having money to sponsor a race team, has nothing to do with the ability to get replacement parts, like computer chips, out of China. It's like saying it's amazing someone can invite me over to dinner for T-bone steaks during the pandemic, but can't put a roll of toilet paper in their bathroom when I need to use it. If you can not find something and buy it, all the money in the world won't make a difference.
The problem is not the replacement parts or the supply chain issues at all here. The problem is that Mahindra is no longer authorizing SIMCO the manufacturer of the cluster to REPAIR them. SIMCO has plenty of the electronic parts on hand to do so. We don't need the clusters replaced with new ones. But let's pretend your premise is correct. Why won't MAHINDRA or ROXOR communicate with all of us whose cluster's have failed? Why won't they return our emails and phone calls? Or our dealer's phone calls? They won't even let SIMCO the manufacturer know what is happening. I have talked them several times about this. Everyone is being kept in the dark. I see you are looking to buy a Roxor are you? You will see.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The problem is not the replacement parts or the supply chain issues at all here. The problem is that Mahindra is no longer authorizing SIMCO the manufacturer of the cluster to REPAIR them. SIMCO has plenty of the electronic parts on hand to do so. We don't need the clusters replaced with new ones. But let's pretend your premise is correct. Why won't MAHINDRA or ROXOR communicate with all of us whose cluster's have failed? Why won't they return our emails and phone calls? Or our dealer's phone calls? They won't even let SIMCO the manufacturer know what is happening. I have talked them several times about this. Everyone is being kept in the dark. I see you are looking to buy a Roxor are you? You will see.
No, I agree with you 110%. They should at the very least have some sort of spokesman who, at the very least, is giving general info of what's happening, and a general direction they're "TRYING" to go, but also throwing in that the situation is fluid and subject to change, so don't hold our feet to the fire. That's what they "SHOULD" be doing. Radio silence is never good, as that's when rumor control is operating at max capacity.

Why aren't they allowing someone else to repair the cluster????? I have no clue, other than I'm sure lawyers have a say in it. Maybe they do not want to give it the "OKAY" and then down the road SIMCO chips fail too, and then once again they're the bad guys.

I have no clue, but I do know this, I can not believe for a second that they went through a law suit, and redesigned the Roxor, and spent all that capital, just to spit in their customers eye. We're looking at today, while they're looking at tomorrow and next week. I know it sucks, but I do believe at the end of the day, we will all be better off once things settle down. We just need to take a deep breath, and trust that they're doing what they can with what they have.

In the end, all will be fine, if it's not fine, it's not the end.

Ridem32

Does the new 2022 have the same cluster? Or different? Brand? I have not seen the new roxor in person to know if it’s the same cluster. Mississippi lost all of our dealers!! If the cluster triggers the alternator someone should be able to figure out which wire it is and just run a new trigger wire from a manual switch. The trigger wire should be a 12 volt or a ground but I’m just guessing here. I would love to know which wire triggers the wire at 40mph that gives us all the engine rattling. It has to be dumping raw fuel for emissions I think that’s the noise we are hearing is raw fuel dumping in our cylinders. Again just my guess. You would think that the cluster manufacturer would fix the clusters for customers if the customers agreed to pay for the repair. Makes no sense to me why they would not the the repairs. I bought my 2019 while the lawsuit was going on. Few months after I got it the dealers was gone!! So I have never had no warranty on my unit. I love my roxor but I would not buy another one nor tell anyone to buy one just because of the way the company operates!! We all are in the same boat here. If something on our units fail we are drifters out at sea!! We have to patch and repair to limp home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Someone said that the cluster energizes the alternator and that without the cluster, the alternator will not charge the battery.
What is the source of this information? Where in the electrical manual is that connection drawn?

I read the electrical manual and can only find a connection from the alternator to a charge warning indicator on the cluster.
I also read through the repair manual and can only find a reference of an electrical connection from the alternator to the charge warning indicator on the cluster.
Screenshot_20220324-214618_Drive.jpg

To everyone with a broken cluster / instrument panel (IP), have you checked the fuses for the cluster / panel? I am sure you have. Just asking for my understanding.

Per the electrical manual,, the cluster (abbreviated "IP" for Instrument Panel in the manual) has it's own fuse box in the passenger foot compartment.

The manual says fuse 31 ("instrument Gauge" in the manual) is 10A (in one table) and then 5A (in the circuit diagram). Is that in issue?
Could someone check fuse 31 and see if this is a 10A or 5A? Were some Roxors built with 5A fuses (with now not working clusters) when it was supposed to be a 10A? I'm just speculating.
I am away from my Roxor and cannot check what fuses are on my machine.

In the main power distribution center: F27, 10A also connects to the Instrument Panel ("Key Switch" in the manual).

Picture of IP fuse panel and fuse sizes. Fuse 31 = 10A
Screenshot_20220324-214101_Drive.jpg

Picture of IP circuit: Fuse 31 = 5A
Screenshot_20220324-214236_Drive.jpg

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The digital display failed on mine. And when the key is off the rpm gauge cycles. So I don’t have a fuel gauge and don’t know my hours, luckily the low fuel warning still works so I know when to refuel.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What people are referring to as a fuse is something inside that cluster. Not an external fuse. Supposedly this issue was fixed on later production Roxors. Not sure of the cutoff date but I’d speculate the 18/19s are affected and it was fixed on the 20’s or sometime during the 20 production run.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@txroadkill: does that mean that the 2018 Roxor Wiring Manual is outdated? The pictures I inserted in my email above are from that manual, which shows a fuse and its location.
Where did you get your information? If it is someone from Roxor / Mahindra North America's service, that would be a good source.

I will be back where my machine is parked in two week and check the fuze box in the passenger foot compartment.

(On a side note: I have spent dozens of hours reading the Wiring Manual and Repair Manual.... sadly thats very likely dozens of hours more than all dealers in the US combined. .... and this does not bother me ?)

@Kake America: the partial failure of the cluster is clearly different from what I speculated (fuses).

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Maki said awhile back on Facebook it was an internal cluster fuse. Now it might not be what we consider a fuse but it was something in that board that acted like a fuse that had to be replaced. Said they changed it or the internals to remedy the issue.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I contacted Dakota Digital and they have gauge clusters that may fit the Roxor, I have a set in my CJ-8. Easy install.
Yes I just saw them on Facebook. A company called On the Rox seems to be developing it into a marketable product and I'll give them a call.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yes I just saw them on Facebook. A company called On the Rox seems to be developing it into a marketable product and I'll give them a call.
It looks great and has a lot more features than the original. Not sure its ready for yet though.