ooooooooooo

Cluster F#$@

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just checking to see if anyone has had recent success getting a new cluster or the old one repaired. Various channels through my dealer, Mahindra, and SIMCO have all resulted in dead ends. Mahindra will not even return my dealer's request for information on how to get it serviced. Customer service just keeps giving me the run around and is useless. SIMCO indicates they are no longer authorized to repair the clusters. I got the email of a higher up at Roxor and emailed them with no response.

Ksurr

Just checking to see if anyone has had recent success getting a new cluster or the old one repaired. Various channels through my dealer, Mahindra, and SIMCO have all resulted in dead ends. Mahindra will not even return my dealer's request for information on how to get it serviced. Customer service just keeps giving me the run around and is useless. SIMCO indicates they are no longer authorized to repair the clusters. I got the email of a higher up at Roxor and emailed them with no response.
I'm having the exact same issue and am very interested in whether anyone has been successful in having an old one repaired or found anything aftermarket that could be easily installed.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't see how these cocksuckers think they can keep ignoring people and not giving up replacement parts. I also find it appalling that they everet units leave their possession without proper oil/lubricants installed. This will be their downfall! My cluster shows a little sign of trouble ahead. Not sure what I'll do if / when it gives out, other than not may another payment on it until I get what I need. But that will hurt me more than them. These companies and their last for the almighty dollar. If they produced QUALITY PRODUCTS and had 1st class customer service, the rest would follow.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yep, about 10 calls to Customer Service, My dealer has emailed and called, even SIMCO the manufacturer is no longer getting repair authorizations. No one will tell me anything and it seems hopeless. I called Mahindra again today and told them I have John Deere products that are 40 years old and I can still get parts and repairs. The Roxor is 3 years old. Its really unethical.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yes sir. Every day for the last 2 weeks. Me and my dealer both. They seem to be useless. They keep dodging the issue with non-answers and sketchy claims. They are working from home and have no ability to do anything meaningful.

Leslie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does your Roxor still run as normal when the cluster goes out?

At work we have several old CNC machines where control boards are no longer available and use two outside companies to troubleshoot and repair. Would someone with a bad cluster be willing to send it to me and I will have have these companies look at it?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They still work but the alternator needs the cluster to excite it and start charging. Probably also why the failures are related with jump starting.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

At work we have several old CNC machines where control boards are no longer available and use two outside companies to troubleshoot and repair. Would someone with a bad cluster be willing to send it to me and I will have have these companies look at it?
I can send you a photo of the circuit board. Here it is. Maybe they could go by this. If you found a firm that would fix these you'd be a hero! I sent it to one firm who specialzied in cluster repair and they said No Bueno.

Roxor Cluster.jpg

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

If/when mine crashes, I would. Having something useless is for the birds...

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So if the cluster is needed for exciting the alternator, then it sounds like a GM 1 wire alternator swap is in order, as well as aftermarket gauges. being without a vacuum pump would suck for the brake booster, but there are ways around that as well.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone tried to get schematics or a layout for the circuit board from Simco? They will likely say no to the request. But maybe they have an applicarion engineer tjat is wiling to support the issue

An electronics repair shop (or electrical engineering student with a lab) will need two things to do a thorough analysis:
- The board schematics show what is connected (e.g. components), voltages at each point.
- The board layout shows how the schematics are translated into the actual traces on the board. For instance, a board can have multiple layers of traces or components on front and back.

Without the schematics or layouts, an electronics tech could still look for bad solder joints or cracked traces.

With the schematics and layout, an electronics tech (or a electrical engineering college student / associates degree candidate with a lab) can take a scope and measure voltages (or signals) on components.

Some thoughts:
- Since only some clusters are affected and not all that were built, it is not a design flaw.
- since the failed clusters worked for some time, I believe that
(a) something on the board broke (bad solder joint, broken trace) due to vibration
(b) or an overvoltage fried a component.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So if the cluster is needed for exciting the alternator, then it sounds like a GM 1 wire alternator swap is in order, as well as aftermarket gauges. being without a vacuum pump would suck for the brake booster, but there are ways around that as well.
I was thinking the same thing, use a GM alternator, but also leave the old one in so you have your vacuum pump. I'm sure you can fit another alternator in the place where they install the AC pump, and fab some temp brackets. I did this on an old M38A1 military Jeep when I installed a hydraulic pump with an electric clutch. It's really not that hard and generally pretty forgiving as far as tolerances go.

If they ever get back on track with parts, I'm going to buy a Roxor, and install a hydraulic pump on it. I'm pretty sure they'll get back on track once they can get computer chips and parts from China. The past couple years have really screwed up the supply chain for everyone. I seriously doubt MANA is slacking on customer service because they're lazy or incompetent. I mean they make money off of replacement parts, so why would they stop doing that on a huge scale? They are probably getting juuuust enough to keep their assembly lines going and that's it.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking the same thing, use a GM alternator, but also leave the old one in so you have your vacuum pump. I'm sure you can fit another alternator in the place where they install the AC pump, and fab some temp brackets. I did this on an old M38A1 military Jeep when I installed a hydraulic pump with an electric clutch. It's really not that hard and generally pretty forgiving as far as tolerances go.

If they ever get back on track with parts, I'm going to buy a Roxor, and install a hydraulic pump on it. I'm pretty sure they'll get back on track once they can get computer chips and parts from China. The past couple years have really screwed up the supply chain for everyone. I seriously doubt MANA is slacking on customer service because they're lazy or incompetent. I mean they make money off of replacement parts, so why would they stop doing that on a huge scale? They are probably getting juuuust enough to keep their assembly lines going and that's it.
Certainly most hope you're right that this is just a temporary parts supply chain issue and MANA intends to resume providing parts for all Roxors as soon as possible. If this is the case, then it should be easy to just say so. Instead, folks see their dealerships closed down and are unable to get straight answers about spare parts availability beyond "on back order." Blaming China, the FCA lawsuit, COVID, while all factors, is no substitute for customer service silence that leaves owners in the lurch. Under current circumstances, saying nothing, especially while Mahindra is trying to reintroduce the 2022 Roxor, is not just curious neglect, it is incompetence. MANA would be well advised to take notice that some of their initial customers are increasingly unhappy and starting to get cold feet. The company that began with a great product and customer service that went out of its way to cultivate loyal followers is starting to seem a faded version of its original self.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has anyone tried to get schematics or a layout for the circuit board from Simco? They will likely say no to the request. But maybe they have an applicarion engineer tjat is wiling to support the issue

An electronics repair shop (or electrical engineering student with a lab) will need two things to do a thorough analysis:
- The board schematics show what is connected (e.g. components), voltages at each point.
- The board layout shows how the schematics are translated into the actual traces on the board. For instance, a board can have multiple layers of traces or components on front and back.

Without the schematics or layouts, an electronics tech could still look for bad solder joints or cracked traces.

With the schematics and layout, an electronics tech (or a electrical engineering college student / associates degree candidate with a lab) can take a scope and measure voltages (or signals) on components.

Some thoughts:
- Since only some clusters are affected and not all that were built, it is not a design flaw.
- since the failed clusters worked for some time, I believe that
(a) something on the board broke (bad solder joint, broken trace) due to vibration
(b) or an overvoltage fried a component.
It would be awesome to get the schematic. I am not sure that only some clusters are affected and not all. It may be the case, but it may also be the case that those that have not failed yet, will fail at some point. It will follow a normal distribution curve. I talked to a dealer who had a lot of the original parts today (no luck on a cluster) and he indicated they sold 55 Roxors before Roxor went out of business and they had replaced 25 of the clusters.