ooooooooooo

Battery Minder Recommendations

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Over the winter months I expect to use my Roxor very sparingly. The Dealer I bought it from recommended I hook it up to a battery minder.

Is there anything in particular I need to look for in one of these devices? Can I trust buying one off Amazon or do I need to head to my local auto parts dealer or some other online provider that someone could recommend?

Is anyone using something they have had a good experience with that they could recommend?

Thanks in advance for any input.

MAGAHAWK

Over the winter months I expect to use my Roxor very sparingly. The Dealer I bought it from recommended I hook it up to a battery minder.

Is there anything in particular I need to look for in one of these devices? Can I trust buying one off Amazon or do I need to head to my local auto parts dealer or some other online provider that someone could recommend?

Is anyone using something they have had a good experience with that they could recommend?

I've used Deltran Battery Tender products on all types of cars, bikes, mowers, etc and have been very happy with the results. Never any problems. Avail on Amazon

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You might want to look at the Battery Tender (12V/6V 3 amp) by Deltran ... batterytender.com Costco carries them and usually this time of year has them on special. High quality device. I’ve been very pleased with the units I have...

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I use Schumaker trickle charger on my vic's, they work great and turn off & on as needed. I also add a fuel stabilizer in my vehicles over the winter.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is great. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would just disconnect the battery, you can get the terminal disconnect ends.

B

Bister

I have 3 trucks I park for winter and a couple other things in a big shed and I disconnect them and rotate an Optimate battery maintainer on them every few weeks. It takes a month or 2 to get back to the first one. I think they suggest topping up a battery every 3 months when not in use, something like that.

MAGAHAWK

Disconnecting your battery is not the way to go. Use a battery tender. Battery will still discharge when disconnected. Proper battery storage and maintenance requires a battery tender or at the very least regular trickle charging. A quality tender will increase battery life and keep the battery at proper voltage so that when you are ready to use it your alternator won't have to work overtime to bring the battery back up to proper voltage.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A good battery will loose very little charge if disconnected. The battery tender will hurt your battery in the long run.

Disconnecting your battery is not the way to go. Use a battery tender. Battery will still discharge when disconnected. Proper battery storage and maintenance requires a battery tender or at the very least regular trickle charging. A quality tender will increase battery life and keep the battery at proper voltage so that when you are ready to use it your alternator won't have to work overtime to bring the battery back up to proper voltage.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I use a battery minder on mine. Harbor Freight, it works. Mine is in my garage out back and I keep it hooked up all winter long. I use my ROXOR occasionally in the winter so this keeps her charged up.