ooooooooooo

Auxiliary fuse box.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I decided it was too hard to deal with the factory wiring when it came to additional low draw devices. I wanted to make sure all the accessories turned off with key. I installed a 50 amp relay that closes when key turns on and opens when the key is off. The relay feeds power to an added 6 circuit fuse box. I installed a fuse box with ground terminals. First device installed was my heater. Fuse box is fed from the battery through a circuit breaker and relay. I can now add gauges etc without having to get into the Roxor fuse box. Tapped the power outlet to turn on/off relay since it only works when key is on. (Geen/Yellow wire is +) I can go up to 40 amps in accessories easily. Rocker switch was a bugger though. I even scratched my dashboard getting the plug out. I’ll masking tape around next one before I attempt. 0145044C-E395-4BC5-84CC-1C6F710E90C4.jpegA5FD832E-5840-4FC7-A6DD-22D84C208688.jpeg15127256-39CA-469F-81A2-AFAD8C708191.jpeg

Last edited:

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I did something similar with a accessory fuse box from On the Rox fab. Worked out great for all the extra stuff like; stereo, rear back-up lights, USB/12v plugs, heated seats, heater etc.

B

Bister

I did the same thing. I tied the relay into the power point also. I also added a USB port, interior light, sex lights and a triple power point that run off the extra fuse block. I put lights on my plow also. Nice to have a place to quickly get power for little stuff. I have to get under there and tie things up better yet and label what wire is for what.

6ACA95AC-EF90-469B-8424-DDB5073672EE.jpegDD3A1D6D-7EDD-4079-AD19-DD1E810B7D1B.jpeg16CC80EA-A2B2-45DF-93DA-5BCE8E5DCD9E.jpegB27C8961-CBFB-4514-A0D0-56C4CF6A0FC5.jpeg

B

Bister

SEX lights!!! Tell us more...
The lights under the dash. They’ve always been referred to as sex lights as far as I’ve known. Lol.

I leave them on when driving after sundown otherwise it is so dark in there.

Clear and red lenses. I need blue ones. Lol

D5362D29-08D9-491C-9726-DFAE293B9A3B.jpeg307150A5-32B4-4B3A-B789-D321FD562FE3.jpeg80691EDC-12BE-409D-BEAF-EA597E427E67.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

My extra switches showed up today that I can use with the auxiliary fuse block. They didn’t have a ‘Sex Lights’ switch so I guess I’ll use ‘Zombie’ or ‘Saskquatch’.
10850DC6-B229-481B-A8D5-473F1043082B.jpeg

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nice, where did you get your D rings and shackles? would like too put a set on mine, but would like to get a set that matches the bolts without re drilling.

B

Bister

Nice, where did you get your D rings and shackles? would like too put a set on mine, but would like to get a set that matches the bolts without re drilling.
I got them from Roxor, they are on the accessory page. The shackles I had, I just painted them to match.

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did the same thing. I tied the relay into the power point also. I also added a USB port, interior light, sex lights and a triple power point that run off the extra fuse block. I put lights on my plow also. Nice to have a place to quickly get power for little stuff. I have to get under there and tie things up better yet and label what wire is for what.

View attachment 2616View attachment 2617View attachment 2618View attachment 2619
What fuse box is this? Where did you get it thanks!

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I decided it was too hard to deal with the factory wiring when it came to additional low draw devices. I wanted to make sure all the accessories turned off with key. I installed a 50 amp relay that closes when key turns on and opens when the key is off. The relay feeds power to an added 6 circuit fuse box. I installed a fuse box with ground terminals. First device installed was my heater. Fuse box is fed from the battery through a circuit breaker and relay. I can now add gauges etc without having to get into the Roxor fuse box. Tapped the power outlet to turn on/off relay since it only works when key is on. (Geen/Yellow wire is +) I can go up to 40 amps in accessories easily. Rocker switch was a bugger though. I even scratched my dashboard getting the plug out. I’ll masking tape around next one before I attempt. View attachment 2613View attachment 2614View attachment 2615
What fuse box is this? Where did you get it? Thanks

B

Bister

What fuse box is this? Where did you get it thanks!
Mine is just all standard off the shelf parts of the local auto parts store. It's nothing special and is nothing to wire one in with a relay to have the fuse box come on with the key. Woodsman's is a little fancier/neater setup and looks like a bit bigger relay, but both the same idea. I did the same thing on my Rhino.

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I decided it was too hard to deal with the factory wiring when it came to additional low draw devices. I wanted to make sure all the accessories turned off with key. I installed a 50 amp relay that closes when key turns on and opens when the key is off. The relay feeds power to an added 6 circuit fuse box. I installed a fuse box with ground terminals. First device installed was my heater. Fuse box is fed from the battery through a circuit breaker and relay. I can now add gauges etc without having to get into the Roxor fuse box. Tapped the power outlet to turn on/off relay since it only works when key is on. (Geen/Yellow wire is +) I can go up to 40 amps in accessories easily. Rocker switch was a bugger though. I even scratched my dashboard getting the plug out. I’ll masking tape around next one before I attempt. View attachment 2613View attachment 2614View attachment 2615
Where did you get the Aux fuse box? Specific set up? Or did you just build it like Bister? Thanks

B

Bister

On The Rox has this one, but I think I spent about $30CDN on all of mine, the fuse panel was $20 of that, relay about $4 and some wire etc. I used a 30amp relay, Woodsman looks like a set up he made himself also, but he used a larger amp relay 50amp vs my 30amp. Simple to do if you have simple wiring skills and tools. If you need help, I can walk you through it here or texting or a phone call, I'm glad to help.

Auxiliary Fuse Panel

This is almost identical to the block I used, if not identical.
https://www.amazon.com/10-Way-Blade...ds=fuse+block&qid=1554526995&s=gateway&sr=8-5

This is the relay I used, I keep them around. you only need one, not 5. lol
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-EPAuto-...=30+amp+relay&qid=1554527084&s=gateway&sr=8-5

A store like NAPA will have all this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On The Rox has this one, but I think I spent about $30CDN on all of mine, the fuse panel was $20 of that, relay about $4 and some wire etc. I used a 30amp relay, Woodsman looks like a set up he made himself also, but he used a larger amp relay 50amp vs my 30amp. Simple to do if you have simple wiring skills and tools. If you need help, I can walk you through it here or texting or a phone call, I'm glad to help.

Auxiliary Fuse Panel

This is almost identical to the block I used, if not identical.
https://www.amazon.com/10-Way-Blade...ds=fuse+block&qid=1554526995&s=gateway&sr=8-5

This is the relay I used, I keep them around. you only need one, not 5. lol
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-EPAuto-...=30+amp+relay&qid=1554527084&s=gateway&sr=8-5

A store like NAPA will have all this stuff.
Awesome thanks!!!!

B

Bister

87 goes to the new fuse block for low power draw items. If you add heavy draw items, you can use the fuse block as the switched power for any new relays you add.
86 goes to a low power wire that comes on with the key, I spliced into the wire going to the existing power point.
85 ground
30 goes direct to the battery (with fuse or breaker in line)

Done like this, the fuse block will be powered up when the key is ON.

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
87 goes to the new fuse block for low power draw items. If you add heavy draw items, you can use the fuse block as the switched power for any new relays you add.
86 goes to a low power wire that comes on with the key, I spliced into the wire going to the existing power point.
85 ground
30 goes direct to the battery (with fuse or breaker in line)

Done like this, the fuse block will be powered up when the key is ON.

Awesome! Thanks! I ordered amazon parts last night. Thanks again for all the help!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sorry I didn’t get back. Just saw posts. Buster is correct. Easy to do. Tap power point for relay. Battery for power to fuse box. I get most parts from amazon. I try to go local first, but either they don’t have what I want or want way too much. I’m currently muddling through my turn signals.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
B
Sorry I didn’t get back. Just saw posts. Buster is correct. Easy to do. Tap power point for relay. Battery for power to fuse box. I get most parts from amazon. I try to go local first, but either they don’t have what I want or want way too much. I’m currently muddling through my turn signals.
Bister. Sorry auto correct got me.

3ninerdelta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I decided it was too hard to deal with the factory wiring when it came to additional low draw devices. I wanted to make sure all the accessories turned off with key. I installed a 50 amp relay that closes when key turns on and opens when the key is off. The relay feeds power to an added 6 circuit fuse box. I installed a fuse box with ground terminals. First device installed was my heater. Fuse box is fed from the battery through a circuit breaker and relay. I can now add gauges etc without having to get into the Roxor fuse box. Tapped the power outlet to turn on/off relay since it only works when key is on. (Geen/Yellow wire is +) I can go up to 40 amps in accessories easily. Rocker switch was a bugger though. I even scratched my dashboard getting the plug out. I’ll masking tape around next one before I attempt. View attachment 2613
HI, Can you please tell me what thread type that is for the bolt coming through? I have tried every nut thread type, and nothing seems to match well. Also, what thread type for the screws that attach your fuse box to the existing threaded openings there?
Thank you kindly! I appreciate it!
I noticed some things on these buggys are metric, but others seem SAE. Thanks again