ooooooooooo

Auburn Limited Slip?

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Grip-N-Loc - Auburn Gear Aftermarket

Looking for reviews/ opinions on the Auburn Grip n Loc limited slip differential. Currently running a Spartan locker in the rear & wondering if the Auburn is a decent alternative to the much higher priced selectable locker (ARB or Ox).

While searching for what's needed to install LS I've seen different feedback. Looks like a ring spacer is needed. This makes me wonder if backlash & pinion/ ring alignment needs redone?? Also read a post that states new carrier bearings and possibly ring gear needs replaced also? If this is the case probably not much cheaper than manual Ox locker.

Any feedback is appreciated. Also if anyone knows of other limited slip applications that apply to the Roxor that would be cool too. Going to use as is for now. Looking to upgrade late July/ early August.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ring Gear spacers are needed to install aftermarket gears on stock carriers. Your going to need a new ring and pinion with that carrier. If you run rocks or run trails where you will lift a wheel that limited slip will be less than ideal and you’ll wish you had a locker. IMO just save up and regear as well as change out carriers at the same time (assuming you have 3.73).

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
ring Gear spacers are needed to install aftermarket gears on stock carriers. Your going to need a new ring and pinion with that carrier. If you run rocks or run trails where you will lift a wheel that limited slip will be less than ideal and you’ll wish you had a locker. IMO just save up and regear as well as change out carriers at the same time (assuming you have 3.73).
Yeah I have stock 3.73. Sounds like saving for the Ox is better all around. If/ when gears happen probably go 4.56. Thanks Roadkill

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah I have stock 3.73. Sounds like saving for the Ox is better all around. If/ when gears happen probably go 4.56. Thanks Roadkill

I went 4.88s for my 33s. Was a toss up between that and 5.13s. Opted for 4.88s to help keep Highway rpms down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmd048

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I'm looking at Grip n loc as well, if I am installing this in my '18 roxor and keeping the factory gears do I need a spacer or will factory ring and pinion work?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm looking at Grip n loc as well, if I am installing this in my '18 roxor and keeping the factory gears do I need a spacer or will factory ring and pinion work?
Factory gears will not work on aftermarket carriers. Your going to need new gears as well. The spacer is only needed when your regearing But keeping the factory open diff carrier.

jmd048

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Factory gears will not work on aftermarket carriers. Your going to need new gears as well. The spacer is only needed when your regearing But keeping the factory open diff carrier.
Thank you for clearing that up. I have a grinding machine shop close by. I wonder if i could shave the difference off the back side of the ring gear

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you for clearing that up. I have a grinding machine shop close by. I wonder if i could shave the difference off the back side of the ring gear
Probably could but I don’t think you’d want to run it as it’s probably a bit much and will affect the gear pattern And/or strength. The fact that no ones tried it or done it to date says a lot. Besides that you still have labor to set up the ring and pinion on the new carrier. Now the only money your saving is the ring and pinion. What will the shop charge to mill it down vs just buying a new ring and pinion?