ooooooooooo

ARMORO Soft Top for Mahindra ROXOR!

B

Bister

Guys - I don’t think this went too far with ARMORO but I “bit” the bullet and got the OEM partnered softop from Bestop installed. It’s expensive at $1,999 plus tax & installation & rear ROPS (total $3.3K) ... but I’m happy so far considering .... see pics!

View attachment 6611 View attachment 6612
I'm probably going to get the half cab with the same door that just came out once they release it in pieces. I have the roof and windshield. I was told soon. But my question is: How are the wire frame doors? Do they seal good? I'll be using it in winter in Canada. The rest I'm good with. This is what I'm using now, anything will be an improvement. Homemade wood door on the soft cab.

FF44D840-F500-4172-B4B2-B562CC3D488D.jpeg

FF44D840-F500-4172-B4B2-B562CC3D488D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Willys

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Answers to your questions:

Attaching a pic of the side (hopefully you get to see what you’re looking for in it).

I had to seal a few places with silicone ... but haven’t driven it in heavy rain or snow yet to know how well it seals, but I have no reason to doubt that it’ll not be adequate ... probably not like a hardtop but good enough for me.

62863C7B-2A77-4AB2-9BD0-6D80094F740B.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Attaching a pic of the side (hopefully you get to see what you’re looking for in it).

I had to seal a few places with silicone ... but haven’t driven it in heavy rain or snow yet to know how well it seals, but I have no reason to doubt that it’ll not be adequate ... probably not like a hardtop but good enough for me.

View attachment 6619

I'm installing mine right now. The damn door steps are going in the trash however. Those rusted out horribly on CJs.

I have an OTR windshield, so I will be doing some modifications to the kit to fit right. Initial judgement is I only need to modify the plastic pieces.

Update: I was wrong lol

Last edited:
B

Bister

View attachment 6619
Looks like the doors seal up nice. I'm not really driving at high speeds. Most is 40 mph or so to get out to the farm which is 4 miles, then I putt around. I hope it is realized to buy in pieces before next winter. I was taking my soft cab off and the zipper fell apart on the passenger side now. Dealer will be putting in a claim. If I have to put it back on, at least I'll have a door if the the cover it. Or I can sell the cab cheap someday, recoup some cost.

B

Bister

I'm installing mine right now. The damn door steps are going in the trash however. Those rusted out horribly on CJs.

I have an OTR windshield, so I will be doing some modifications to the kit to fit right. Initial judgement is I only need to modify the plastic pieces.
I'm having a new vented glass windshield made, actually 2 of them, but they will be identical to the OEM in frame shape, size and mounting holes, so they work without modify anything.

Post some good pictures of your install. Roxor has just those CAD drawings, can't see crap on them. What does it use to mount across the top of the windshield? I'm wondering if it is the same plastic piece that is in the soft cab.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OTR windshield is NOT compatible with this top (OoB)

I'm gonna try and fab up a ridge plate (the main guide that runs along the top of the windshield and the top secures up front) that fixes this. I was able to get the door surrounds to work with simply drilling a hole in the plastic. The Roxor ridge plate is just not aligning where there is enough meat to make this secure.

I'd like to make something that will use the OTR holes as locating holes. On a good note, this top setup should make the whole windshield WAY more boxed in so it doesn't deflect so damn bad.

Stay tuned.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm having a new vented glass windshield made, actually 2 of them, but they will be identical to the OEM in frame shape, size and mounting holes, so they work without modify anything.

Post some good pictures of your install. Roxor has just those CAD drawings, can't see crap on them. What does it use to mount across the top of the windshield? I'm wondering if it is the same plastic piece that is in the soft cab.

It's some straight (lower case) b/d channel that has a 3/16" rip all along the bottom.

It's not together yet, but this pic is decent:

5e90cc23a92bb398234158.jpg

Last edited:

Tokarev

OTR windshield is NOT compatible with this top (OoB).

Not surprised since Roxor and OTR aren't affiliated.

Still, I'm quite excited to see what you can work since I'm running an OTR windshield too. Hopefully it won't take a ton of work.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Update: I tend to get pretty uppity about this kinda thing where I want it perfect. If I lower my expectations, I can prolly cut up the OEM upper rail channel, drill some holes, and make this work ok.

Ordering three more roll bar clamps:

I'll post a pic of my modified rail after I get it done and toss some paint on it.

B

Bister

It's some straight (lower case) b/d channel that has a 3/16" rip all along the bottom.

It's not together yet, but this pic is decent:

View attachment 6627

I was wondering more what is under the front edge of the soft top on the roll bar. The Soft cab has a full plastic piece they ziptie to the windshield roll bar. Your channel is the same as the soft cab for attaching the roof tot he windshield frame I think.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got the soft top skin and upper surrounds all mounted up. My plan worked pretty well. Well enough anyway. I elongated the holes (downward) in the windshield channel bar until it mated up with the holes on the roll bar brackets I linked above. I then drilled 3 holes matching the OEM upper locations and bolted it up.

I also used some weatherstripping to give the job more a fitted seal.

I’ll get the doors and sides done tomorrow.

0AB3FEE3-F2A6-4412-A367-21F66F6E1B7D.jpeg 0D91559E-013D-4DDC-8E41-B1697D8929FA.jpeg 72285FFE-6524-439C-B50B-78DFD37004FF.jpeg FCFAC7A4-124B-4E78-B0AC-022F5E5A79C4.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For those where they haven’t done a soft top fresh install on a “jeep” before, set your rails up assuming the top will stretch. Us northerners have a hard time on first install but lay it up there and park it in the sun for a few hours. Even then it should be real hard to get initially. If you do this, it’ll settle in but still be nice and tight for it’s life (and last longer).

B

Bister

Thanks. Are those you old mirrors or the ones that come with it?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Neither. Those are the old stems with actual cap head bolts on the mounts and bigger square mirrors (late CJ style)

The kit comes with door mounted TJ mirrors. No thanks.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve gotten the upper door channels done and latched in the sun earlier. The pics from last night still show em loose.