ooooooooooo

Anyone else pull the trigger?

B

Bister

I found a dealer in AB, only 700 kilometers away (lol) and put a deposit/order in. I requested a sand/dune color with bumper/winch package, mirrors and bikini top. We are hoping for mid July delivery. Everything still has to be confirmed etc. Hoping to hear back in the next little bit. Sounds like anyone involved is very busy.

This color is what I am going for. It’s the same color as the gravel spray/dust on the roads in our area. Shouldn’t look too bad if I don’t get a chance to wash it. It won’t have the dune package, just going for that tan color.
4C9D5DB6-88EB-4F21-9C0D-88F32445CC19.jpeg

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very nice, July seems about right for Western Canada. The Toronto area dealer is looking to have the 1st load on the ground in early May. I'll be going next week to sign the paperwork. Pricing is still not set in stone yet.

B

Bister

I’m not sure on my price either. I’m also in business and I know there’s not a lot of mark up on stuff these days and it takes a lot to keep the lights on. I just ask for “what’s the best you can do” and usually buy it if I want it.

I have learned that if you nickle and dime at time of purchase, sometimes they get you back. Lol. I have just about always gave my dealers what they asked and they have always treated me execellent with after sales service etc. They have done stuff for me that I needed when I was in a bind that they didn’t have to. I don’t mind paying a bit more up front to make sure they are there later.

B

Bister

Very nice, July seems about right for Western Canada. The Toronto area dealer is looking to have the 1st load on the ground in early May. I'll be going next week to sign the paperwork. Pricing is still not set in stone yet.
You getting BASE or the LE? You get to choose your color from the 900?

I just got the base with some extra’s.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You getting BASE or the LE? You get to choose your color from the 900?

I just got the base with some extra’s.
I'm getting the LE. The only choice of colours was out of the four. If I wanted a base with options I'd have to wait till mid summer.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You guys are making me jealous. I'm stuck waiting.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So my parents just got back from Antigua and my old man says they're selling Roxor's on the island along with the island of Barbuda aswell. He saw an ad for them. Goes to show how far they plan on going with the market. He said they looked like they were advertising them for legal road use. They had the same 4 1/2 slot grille and everything was identical.

B

Bister

I’m guessing if they are road legal there, they don’t have the same “bubble wrap” mentality as here. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

nglauer

Founding Member
I haven't pulled the trigger yet.... but I'm pretty sure I will be in the near future. My local dealer just got a few LE models in earlier this week. I'm just waiting on them to release the optional rear seats (front and side facing options) and the rumored PTO drive (dirtwheels and I believe jalopnik have mentioned it). The local dealer told me he saw one with a post hole digger attached to it and another with a hydraulic pump attached to it to control a hydraulic snow plow. As stupid as it might sound, I would love to run a finish mower, post hole digger, and a small brush cutter behind one. The thought of having the option to unhook whatever implement I have attached to cruise a trail with the kids adds a lot of value to me. Not to mention being able to push snow in the winter. If they do this I could easily justify buying a Roxor as a replacement for our subcompact tractor instead of buying another brand sxs and a newer tractor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

Yeah, what I like is it looks like all the stuff that might be coming can just be bolted on at home if you can hold a wrench. And I won’t mind putting accessories on cause the unit won’t be worn out in 10 years and need replacing. I could see a snow plow for me with a hard cab. I would like a plow along this lines.

0F19799F-7060-4E69-B473-ECA50E5102BB.jpeg

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well I just looked up the price of a new Thar DI in India. Guess I shouldn't have. The solid front axle version with the same engine as the roxor and they're about 13900 CAD or 10800 USD. They must be making a killer profit on these considering they only assemble them in the States and build them in India. Remember the ones in India have full interiors, tops, heaters, wipers etc Complete vehicles and they go over 100km/h lol

sandyx

Founding Member
You've to also consider the CKD taxes, shipping & expenses for the new Detroit plant. I believe M&M is looking at a self sustainable US operation from the beginning itself. Maybe that's the markup about. Thar DI is no longer in production in India. The DI was converted to m2dicr & it could go atleast 125km/h or 77mph afaik. The full interiors you mentioned isn't something M&M wants to show to the world, it's that bad. Roxor is infinitely more pleasing inside. And that top leaks. They changed a lot of things for good in the Roxor.

That said, i do feel it should have been a couple of grands less. Maybe 13k-16k. M&M knows better.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I think the pricing was just to be in the Sxs price ranges which in turn has probably gotten them a bigger markup. I understand the shipping aspect and probably some sort of Govt regulation money grab is in there too but to strip the jeep right down to nothing and charge a considerable amount more? But like Sandyx has said, I thought I remember them saying somewhere that they plan on going to 51% North american made. Then I would totally understand the markup. I'd be happy if the US prices were the CAD prices. But the Canadian market is usually just an after thought. But with all that being said, there's way more bang for your buck compared to a normal SxS.

sandyx

Founding Member
I really do not believe M&M striped down anything from Thar to get Roxor. Instead they swapped the vanilla tires for the wrangler/BF, added proper roll cage and gave infinitely better rims. All they removed is that ugly but functional plastic dashboard along with its blower. Trust me, none would miss it. Rear seats, full soft top etc are available with Roxor as well but it serves a very different purpose than the Indian Thar m2dicr which too basically got nothing inside. Do not picture the Thar crde when you compare Roxor, do it with Thar m2dicr. The crde is a very different structure made in a totally different facility. It's multi use with its torque coming at a higher rpm than m2dicr.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't picturing the crde IFS Thar at all. I'm just comparing between the two base models of the roxor and the Thar di. Either way it doesn't much matter in the end. I'm not after what the Thar DI was, I'm after what the Roxor is. I do think the roxor rollbar is a bit ugly but I'm sure that was to meet safety regulation. I'd have rather had a single hoop rear roll bar and a fold down windshield. But hey, I'll compromise.

nglauer

Founding Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't picturing the crde IFS Thar at all. I'm just comparing between the two base models of the roxor and the Thar di. Either way it doesn't much matter in the end. I'm not after what the Thar DI was, I'm after what the Roxor is. I do think the roxor rollbar is a bit ugly but I'm sure that was to meet safety regulation. I'd have rather had a single hoop rear roll bar and a fold down windshield. But hey, I'll compromise.
I imagine the aftermarket will fix the roll cage and windshield in no time. I don't like the cage setup for rear passengers either, but I imagine it'll get the aftermarket treatment as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

I know with our old Jeeps we couldn’t drive down the road with the windshield up because of the dust circulating behind it. I’m thinking they will take the windshield they have and add a full hinge along the bottom and you’ll be able to lay it down. I also want actual glass, which you could probably change it to once it gets scratched up even being high end Lexan. These won’t be as bad as my Rhino, cause in the Rhino the dust comes up behind the seats and around the engine with a full windshield.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That's exactly it. The windshield creates a low pressure area, so everything going by wants to come in behind it. So either full enclosure or full open air.