ooooooooooo

Another tire size question..

Mannyl112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I installed Max’s shackles and I’m hoping to get away from spacers. Using stock wheels, what is the max tire size I can get away with, without spacers, messing with my brake lines, etc? If I end up getting spacers do y’all think 1 1/4” is enough or do I need more? Include pictures please! Thanks in advance.

I’ve searched and searched to avoid asking, but I’ve had no luck. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your all over with your questions. Spacers and lift have nothing to do with each other. Ok so you added a shackle lift. Great. If you leave your sway bar connected chances are your good with whatever tire size your going too. If you disconnect it then you need to watch the tire width more then tire height. I went to 33x12.50x15 Tires with a. Disconnected sway bar on rims with 2.5” back spacing and no rub. Your best bet is to tell us your desired tire size and rim specs and we can tell you if it’ll work.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
First, Thanks for ordering shackles!

To answer your question. 235/85r16

Everyone should stay away from spacers the best they can. Sometimes getting new wheels cost the same if not less then good spacers. You don’t want a $25 a pop China wheel spacer connecting your wheels to your rig. If there isn’t a name brand etched into the side of the spacer stay away. You want a name brand like SpiderTrax, G2, or Synergy. I’ve seen a lot of those plain silver cheap-o wheel spacers corrode and degrade overtime. Also the studs many of them use are sub par.

If you get a wheel with 3 or less back spacing 33s will clear but you may need to trim the bumper some. If you want an inexpensive option BART wheels are great and come up to 2 back spacing. They are American made from start to finish in Chicago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mannyl112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Everyone should stay away from spacers the best they can. Sometimes getting new wheels cost the same if not less then good spacers. You don’t want a $25 a pop China wheel spacer connecting your wheels to your rig. If there isn’t a name brand etched into the side of the spacer stay away. You want a name brand like SpiderTrax, G2, or Synergy. I’ve seen a lot of those plain silver cheap-o wheel spacers corrode and degrade overtime. Also the studs many of them use are sub par.

If you get a wheel with 3 or less back spacing 33s will clear but you may need to trim the bumper some. If you want an inexpensive option BART wheels are great and come up to 2 back spacing. They are American made from start to finish in Chicago.

Thanks

Mannyl112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Your all over with your questions. Spacers and lift have nothing to do with each other. Ok so you added a shackle lift. Great. If you leave your sway bar connected chances are your good with whatever tire size your going too. If you disconnect it then you need to watch the tire width more then tire height. I went to 33x12.50x15 Tires with a. Disconnected sway bar on rims with 2.5” back spacing and no rub. Your best bet is to tell us your desired tire size and rim specs and we can tell you if it’ll work.

Thanks. and ya sorry about that, night shift... I understand that they don’t have anything to do with each other, but what I guess what I’m trying to do is, with the shackles installed, use the biggest size tire as possible without using spacers..? I wouldn’t be able to use the same size tire without the shackles as I could with? Please correct me if I’m looking at it wrong. I’m not trying to argue one bit. I halfway understand tire sizing, I just have a hard time picturing what I want just by looking at some numbers on a tire.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
235/85r16

235 is the width in mm.

85 is the aspect ratio.
The side wall height will be 85% of the width.

235x.85=199.75mm
199.75x2=399.5mm (sidewall above and below rim)
399.5mm=15.73in
16+15.73=31.73 (rim plus sidewall)

The tire is
31.72 tall
9.25 wide
16 inch rim

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just posted yesterday with a set of Max's shackles and 33x10.50 KM3 tires. They rub, but if I had the sway bar on I'm sure it would limit travel enough to keep the tire from contacting the inner fender.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just posted yesterday with a set of Max's shackles and 33x10.50 KM3 tires. They rub, but if I had the sway bar on I'm sure it would limit travel enough to keep the tire from contacting the inner fender.

What’s your wheel specs?

dogbones

Which of the bart wheels would you recommend?

Mannyl112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
235/85r16

235 is the width in mm.

85 is the aspect ratio.
The side wall height will be 85% of the width.

235x.85=199.75mm
199.75x2=399.5mm (sidewall above and below rim)
399.5mm=15.73in
16+15.73=31.73 (rim plus sidewall)

The tire is
31.72 tall
9.25 wide
16 inch rim

I gotcha now Max. I’ve read the same thing over and over, but for whatever reason the way you put it makes more sense to be. For years I had it stuck in my head that the first numbers (235) was height. Sorry for the dumb questions, and appreciate all of y’all responses.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is my roxor when it was on just a Climaxoffroad.com 1.5 shackle lift. And Bart 3 inch back spacing Bart wheels. I added a weld on bead lock kit. No spacers. 33x10.5r15 maxxis razr tires.
c22017f175ef9f949940f336e05d29e9.jpg