ooooooooooo

Dust Cap Size

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am having a devil of a time removing the dust cap on the front tires. It 's really on there. Tried rubber mallet, pried on the first one - The lip just is bending. I want to replace the fronts with some of the Bearing Buddies caps with a protected grease fitting. This way, I can grease them easier. I need to know the size to order though so if anyone has that information, I'd sure appreciate it. It looks like a 1.98 but just not sure enough to order . I'd go ahead and beat off the oem but don't want to be without the Roxor until the bearing buddies come in. Thank ya'll. .

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those are nasty to get off ! I ended up using a pry bar like this to work it all the way around bit by bit until it came loose. I ended up not reusing them because I put a set of Mile Marker locking hubs on.

Screenshot_20230517-170839_Chrome.jpg

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used one of those pry bars and even took out the bolts to get a better bite.. but it just bends the lip. Finally I squirted a bit of penetrating spray around the area so will see what happens . I have some Warn hubs I bought to use right when I got the Roxor but have yet to put the on. Every time that I've gotten stuck this year, I could feel myself sinking and had no time to lock those kind of hubs. Is it true that you can't grease the locking hubs because too much grease in them is a bad thing ? Thanks for the reply.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve heard too much grease in the hub could cause problems. Now the bearings need grease. Don’t confuse the two. Also putting a bearing buddy or a zerk in the dust cap is a false sense of doing the right thing. You’ll end up pushing the cap off as the grease can’t migrate to the inner bearing. Typically those kind of axles have a zerk in the axle end and channel running to both bearings. Best bet is to avoid mud and water and pack the bearings routinely and/or after anytime the axle was submerged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used one of those pry bars and even took out the bolts to get a better bite.. but it just bends the lip. Finally I squirted a bit of penetrating spray around the area so will see what happens . I have some Warn hubs I bought to use right when I got the Roxor but have yet to put the on. Every time that I've gotten stuck this year, I could feel myself sinking and had no time to lock those kind of hubs. Is it true that you can't grease the locking hubs because too much grease in them is a bad thing ? Thanks for the reply.
The mile markers require very little grease , there should be how to videos on the Warns on here or on YouTube.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank ya'll for the replies. I was just hoping that I could have a magic solution to the "greasing of the bearings" . I assume new seals every time I repack- I get in watery mudholes all the time it seems. That's a real dilemma here on the farm for me. I have been good about using the rear grease zerks on the axle and greasing each side, till it comes out the weep hole on top.. I've been very bad about disassembling the fronts to grease though. Thanks again for the helpful suggestions.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Get some good seals from torqueking and then use some good grease. Many people who frequently dunk their vehicles swear by marine grease. Just put a good grease and then work up a preventative maintenance plan for the bearings. Maybe once a year or end of wet season if there is one. See how it looks and adjust the schedule accordingly

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That sounds like a good plan Txroadkill . Thanks for the information on torqueking also.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks Roxasuras, I'll look it up tonight when back at my computer or if it rains . Videos are worth their weight in gold.