ooooooooooo

Amsoil oil filters on the Rox will work

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The tried the EAO64 and EA15k32 both fit nicely on the Roxor. The 64 is a 25k filter the 32 is a 15k filter. So I have the Dual Bypass kit from Amsoil I used to run on my 02 silverado and that same adapter will fit on the oil filter threads. So now I can increase the oil capacity as well as run a full flow filter and the 2 micron filter to further filter the engine oil.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@CJ2Rox: I like the idea of doing fewer oil changes (well, changing oil once a year now...... not that much work either)

I was always told oil deteriorates and needs to be replaced after one year. Does the dual filter allow extending oil change intervalls beyond one year? This filter is good for 15k miles. I drive the Roxor maybe 1500 - 2000 miles a year.

I always thought the dual filter makes sense for big engines in high mileage / high hours application: Semi trucks that run 10k - 15K miles a month or construction equipment, generators that run 24/7. Extending time between $300 - $400 oil changes (e.g. 6x per year instead of 12x per year) makes business sens. The Roxor takes 7.4 qts and a filter, totalling maybe $70 to $80 once per year.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So with this system the full flow is a yearly filter the bypass is every two years. So instead of changing it at year mark you buy a oil analysis kit and send off to lab to check to see if oil is good or news replaced. It's like lab work for your blood. Based on the test will determine the oils life and if there's anything to be concerned about. The bypass filter is a 2 mircon filter and takes a small portion at a time and filters down that low keeping your oil much cleaner longer. As long as your using quality oil with the base stocks and additive package to last the long yes you can surpass a year. I have 2 OTR tractors running nation that hasn't changed there oil for going on 4 yrs now and rely on the samples every few months to inform them on the oil and life expectations. Granted they do add oil so oil isn't that old still cheaper than a 10 gallon oil change

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Even if u don't run the bypass we finally have options for the oil filters. Amsoils 20 micron nanofiber can sure filter longer. I'm gonna use it since I have the kit already in hand. They have other kits that are cheaper

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
If you really want to increase engine life, spend your money on this, and skip the intercooler. NOTHING extends engine life like clean engine oil.
re you saying remove the EGR valve?

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
re you saying remove the EGR valve?
If it were me, I'd get rid of the Exhaust Gas Recovery, (EGR) valve. An EGR valve does nothing more than help warm up an engine faster. In cold weather, if you start up your vehicle, and allow it to run a few minutes before moving it, an EGR valve is really not needed.

They started installing these back in the carburetor days of gas engines. The carb needed to do two things in order for an engine to run, and cold weather really made it hard for a carb to do this. A carb needed to atomize and vaporize fuel so it could mix with air and burn more completely, and cold weather caused the fuel to be denser and harder to burn.

Think about taking a cold can from the refrigerator, and the first thing that happens, is moisture condensates on the can and turns it into a liquid, from being a vapor in the air. The same thing happens with gasoline in a cold engine, and the engine cannot burn gasoline in a liquid form. It needs to be a vapor form, and getting the engine hot quickly turns liquid gas, into a burnable vapor. This also causes your MPG to drop because you needed more fuel to be pumped into the engine, just to get a small amount of it to turn into a vapor. This is also why we "CHOKED" the cold engine, to restrict air flow and make the air fuel mixture richer.

Most fuel went unburned in a cold engine, and now if you were driving a cold engine, even more fuel had to be run through the engine to move the vehicle, and that meant more fuel went unburned, and more pollution, and lower MPG.

The fix was we need to warm up the area around the carb as fast as possible so the air would warm up, and the fuel would then start to vaporize, and the engine would run more efficiently.

How they did this was with an EGR valve.

It does not matter how cold an engine is, exhaust gases are VERY hot, and the idea was to reroute those hot gases in a cross over in the intake manifold so it would get hot faster, and once the engine was warm enough, the EGR valve would close and the exhaust would be routed back to its normal path out the tail pipe.

The problem with the EGR valve, is the intake was cold, and remember what happens with fuel when it's cold, it turns into a liquid form again, and the exhaust, while hot at first, cooled quickly as it gave up its heat to the intake manifold and that liquid would start to gunk and carbon up the cross over, and eventually plug the cross over or worse, the EGR would stick in the open position and cause the manifold to get too hot, and thus vapor lock a carb or turn the fuel into a vapor inside the carb, and not in the intake manifold and your engine won't run in that condition.

I'm sure many have heard the term vapor locked, well that's what happens.

While I'm not sure how the Roxor is setup exactly, the principle of operation is the same. The EGR in a diesel is the same thing, it reroutes hot exhaust gases to warm up the intake manifold or cylinder head faster and that warms up the air going into the combustion chamber.

Is the EGR valve really needed.....in my worthless opinion, no, but what the hell do I know. Just let your engine run at idle for a few minutes before moving it, and you'll be fine. The EGR did nothing but try to increase fleet milage and reduce pollution to meet gooberment mandates put on auto manufacturers and did nothing to increase engine life or drivability. In fact, it caused more problems in the long run, and I have seen more plugged intakes than I care to remember.

Back in the 80's I heard Ford rep say once that 95% of all the crap hung on engines these days is only used until the engine is warmed up and then they're just along for the ride. I have no clue how true that 95% figure was, but I know most are just for cold startups.

Me, I start the vehicle, give it a minute to warm up in the summer, and five minutes in the winter, and that alone will do more than all these add on things like EGR valves.