Amsoil oil filters on the Rox will work

CJ2Rox

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The tried the EAO64 and EA15k32 both fit nicely on the Roxor. The 64 is a 25k filter the 32 is a 15k filter. So I have the Dual Bypass kit from Amsoil I used to run on my 02 silverado and that same adapter will fit on the oil filter threads. So now I can increase the oil capacity as well as run a full flow filter and the 2 micron filter to further filter the engine oil.

A

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@CJ2Rox: I like the idea of doing fewer oil changes (well, changing oil once a year now...... not that much work either)

I was always told oil deteriorates and needs to be replaced after one year. Does the dual filter allow extending oil change intervalls beyond one year? This filter is good for 15k miles. I drive the Roxor maybe 1500 - 2000 miles a year.

I always thought the dual filter makes sense for big engines in high mileage / high hours application: Semi trucks that run 10k - 15K miles a month or construction equipment, generators that run 24/7. Extending time between $300 - $400 oil changes (e.g. 6x per year instead of 12x per year) makes business sens. The Roxor takes 7.4 qts and a filter, totalling maybe $70 to $80 once per year.

CJ2Rox

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So with this system the full flow is a yearly filter the bypass is every two years. So instead of changing it at year mark you buy a oil analysis kit and send off to lab to check to see if oil is good or news replaced. It's like lab work for your blood. Based on the test will determine the oils life and if there's anything to be concerned about. The bypass filter is a 2 mircon filter and takes a small portion at a time and filters down that low keeping your oil much cleaner longer. As long as your using quality oil with the base stocks and additive package to last the long yes you can surpass a year. I have 2 OTR tractors running nation that hasn't changed there oil for going on 4 yrs now and rely on the samples every few months to inform them on the oil and life expectations. Granted they do add oil so oil isn't that old still cheaper than a 10 gallon oil change

CJ2Rox

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Even if u don't run the bypass we finally have options for the oil filters. Amsoils 20 micron nanofiber can sure filter longer. I'm gonna use it since I have the kit already in hand. They have other kits that are cheaper