ooooooooooo

ALAS, NO JOY IN MUDVILLE-AND THE NORTH GA MOUNTIANS--THE MIGHTY STEVE HAS STRUCK OUT!

Roxor Tin Man

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was told by the mgr of the tag agency, that it would not work. They will not license these vehicles in georgia until the words not street legal are removed from mso and or any out of state title (she named S Dakota and Wyoming in particular) would not be re licensed in this state. I was also politely told they were through discussing it.....

Rmodel65

If you try my method you will not be using any mso or title. It will be like building a kit car. And it won't matter what the mso says. You will be making a replica

2006 Georgia Code - 40-2-77

Justia US Law US Codes and Statutes Georgia Code 2006 Georgia Code Title 40 — Motor Vehicles & Traffic 40-2 40-2-77
View the 2017 Georgia Code | View Previous Versions of the Georgia Code
2006 Georgia Code - 40-2-77
40-2-77. (a) As used in this Code section, the term 'antique or hobby or special interest vehicle' means any motor vehicle which is over 25 years old or a motor vehicle which has been designed and manufactured to resemble an antique or historical vehicle and which is owned as a collector´s item and for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and similar uses but which may be used for general transportation. (b) Upon application, registration, and payment of an annual registration fee of $20.00, the commissioner shall issue a special license plate, as described in this Code section, for every antique or hobby or special interest vehicle within the state which is a private passenger car, truck weighing less than 14,000 pounds, or motorcycle. (c) For antique vehicles or hobby or special interest vehicles, said license plates shall be of metal at least four inches wide and not less than seven inches in length and shall show in bold characters the words 'Antique Vehicle' or 'Hobby or Special Interest Vehicle,' as appropriate, the full name or the abbreviation of the name of the state, distinctive numbers or letters or a combination thereof, and other distinctive markings as in the judgment of the commissioner will to the best advantage advertise, popularize, and otherwise promote the state. (d) The commissioner shall make such rules and regulations as necessary to ascertain compliance with all state license laws relating to use and operation of a private passenger car, truck weighing less than 14,000 pounds, or motorcycle, as applicable, before issuing these plates in lieu of the regular Georgia license plate.(e) Special plates issued under this Code section shall be transferred to another antique or hobby or special interest vehicle as provided by Code Section 40-2-80. (f) Any vehicle for which an antique vehicle or hobby or special interest vehicle license plate has been issued pursuant to this Code section may be operated upon the roadways of this state in the same manner and under the same conditions as any vehicle bearing a regular Georgia license plate. No owner of such antique vehicle or hobby or special interest vehicle shall be required to obtain any special permits for its operation on the roads of this state.

Have a t22b filled out using the roxor vin, write an affadavit that you're building a replica CJ, have an insurance policy written for a road going replica so a 1965 CJ replica using the roxor vin.

Dont use the mso for anything you will not get a title. You will get a certificate of registration like a 1985 and older car that only requires a bill of sale.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
tools in action what state did you receive a tag from?? Dirt legal told me that I would receive a small plate from S Dakota.
Check your PM It is now a street legal vehicle in all 50 states. It has been converted and has an auto title. All signals, mirrors etc. Insured ready to go! Its actually way safer than my 1986 CJ and more reliable. What sucks is havent driven it yet because its in a fab shop getting a roll cage done.

The replica route works too. Personally Dirt Legal is the easiest way possible, you don't have to go crazy pulling your hair out with the DMV. Sure they charge a fee but in the end its worth it, you are all legal and satisfied, they guarantee it :}

Worked way better than expected for me. I'm a fan of Dirt Legal, they are legit.

Last edited:

Sourdough

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I live in Rome GA. If I was sure I could get a Roxor street legal in Ga I would definitely buy one. In downtown area of Rome golf carts are legal to drive but Roxor is over the max weight limit - so no go on that. Guess I better do more research.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I live in Rome GA. If I was sure I could get a Roxor street legal in Ga I would definitely buy one. In downtown area of Rome golf carts are legal to drive but Roxor is over the max weight limit - so no go on that. Guess I better do more research.
Buy one in Michigan that’s what I am doing after it passes inspection it’s road legal anywhere in the country

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Could you do an out of state title? Title it in a state that allows it. Luckily in Utah all ATV, UTV, side by side, and 4 Wheelers are street legal as long as they have blinkers, lights, ect.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Could you do an out of state title? Title it in a state that allows it. Luckily in Utah all ATV, UTV, side by side, and 4 Wheelers are street legal as long as they have blinkers, lights, ect.
I live in minnesota the dealership I am buying it from in Michigan is taking care of the whole process all I do is sign the document giving him power of attorney to get it inspected. He said between 4 and 6 weeks an officer will inspect the ROXOR and return with a new vin that they will install on the dash and a new title for the vehicle for it to be street legal everywhere.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Perfect. Hope this helps everyone. I went through that same process when I titled my HMMWV's, because they don't have a 16 character VIN. Luckily I worked with someone at the DMV that was an off-road enthusiast, and it got fixed in minutes.

Rmodel65

I live in minnesota the dealership I am buying it from in Michigan is taking care of the whole process all I do is sign the document giving him power of attorney to get it inspected. He said between 4 and 6 weeks an officer will inspect the ROXOR and return with a new vin that they will install on the dash and a new title for the vehicle for it to be street legal everywhere.

Can you pm the name of said dealership and your contact there

Finn

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What is he charging for the service, if you dont mind me asking you what you are paying for it before taxes as I am in MI and looking to buy!
Much appreciated!

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is he charging for the service, if you dont mind me asking you what you are paying for it before taxes as I am in MI and looking to buy!
Much appreciated!
To be honest the process isn’t completed yet I passed the inspection. I haven’t gotten the new title and vin yet. He told me it’s part of the free service he provides but I bought a lot of upgrades for the ROXOR. What’s listed below isn’t everything.

CF9F79A4-2231-4492-BB6F-52A13A126033.png