ooooooooooo

Air Conditioner No Power

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi All. This morning went to drive my 23 HD All Weather and the A/C system has no power/no fan. Worked fine all day yesterday, was fine when I parked it last night. I checked the fuses I think are related to it, wiggled the relay for the heater system, checked the connection for the fan control but no help. Compressor also does not go on either.

Any thoughts?

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Disconnect the connectors from the fan motor and compressor clutch, and verify that you have both 12Volt power and ground at harness side of connectors. If missing power or ground chase upstream to find open in harness. Likely a fuse or stuck relay, but could be a disconnected connector. It is likely you did not get all of the fuses or relays. Look over the fuse panel diagrams either in the fuse box lid or in the owners manual to make sure you did not overlook one. There will likely be separate relays and fuses for the compressor clutch and fan.

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check the panel on the driver kick panel. That is where the AC fuses are on my ‘24.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
AC compressor will not turn on unless the fan is running.

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the input! I checked most of that stuff except didn't do the direct electrical test since I'm not sure I'm smart enough to test that. Only fuses I did not check were on the kick panel so I'll check that this weekend. Won't be near my Roxor until then, wiill update after I get back to it.

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
An update.... A/C still did not work on Saturday, checked all the fuses again, wiggled the relays. About the 5th start up after doing all that it suddenly turned back on and worked fine. For the rest of the weekend no problems. Also of note, it was 95-100 degrees outside and most of the time keeping the system on low was plenty of air. I have insulated my top and the A pillars with some automotive sound deadener/insulation so I think that helps.

Relay, connection, or switch problem? Fuses ruled out I think.

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You have an intermittent electrical issue, where your circuit is intermittently opening up. Possibly a broken wire inside the insulation, but most likely a connector not fully seated or a pin in a connector not fully seated. When the system is not working, you are either losing your 12 volts or your ground. Start checking for power or ground at the compressor clutch, fan, and switch and work upstream until you find where you have it and where it is dropping out and locate the issue. If this sounds like a PITA, it is, but the only other thing I could suggest would be to locate those circuits and carefully disconnect each connector from the device all the way to the fuse boxes and ground terminals looking for unseated connectors or pins. An unseated connector will be noticed because it will unplug without releasing the catch, or you might be able to push together and get movement and feel or here the connector lock up. To check for unseated pins, just gently pull on each wire from the back side of the connector. It should not move, but if it pulls out, that pin was not fully seated, just disconnect the connector and then carefully push the pin back in until you feel or here it click and lock into position. Once locked, a gentle tug on the wire, will confirm the pin is seated as it will not pull out.

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will do my best checking all that...thanks!!