ooooooooooo

Accidental day time running lights

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did an indicator install and for the rear spliced into the connector below the drivers seat. Signals work as intended but when I turn on the key the turn signals both light. Signals still function but stay lit when the indicator is in the off position. Lights turn off about 10 seconds after key off. Not sure what I've done or how to undo the day time running light situation. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I am reading this correct, It sounds like you tapped into an ignition wire instead of the running light for your source. If you have a muiltmeter or test light check for the wire that only get power for the driving lights, everything else should be good. Should be an easy fix.

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's just it, the source is straight from the battery and is the same for all the turn signals, only the rear come on with the key not the fronts. Not sure what is up. All function correctly with use of the indicator just the rear stay lit with the key.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just to better show what I did. In the diagram IC3 (red oval) appears to use very little of the actual connections. I cut the yellow/green and red/green and connected to those wires for my turn signals. Did this complete some daytime running light circuit and if so what can I cut to break that circuit? I didn't touch anything else in this connector.

Attachments

• Roxor Wiring.png
    Roxor Wiring.png
    519 KB · Views: 172

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With the help of a very knowledgeable friend found out the problem was the indicator (trucklite 900) instructs your to splice into the brake light switch. This is not necessary as the Roxor has brake lights already. Cut that connection and good to go.