ooooooooooo

A little guidance please.

Rockaberry

Of ALL the videos I have watched so far....I'm seeing these do rather poorly in any mud situation, especially up hills. I really didn't want to spend money on lockers right off the bat. Any insights from you folks who have them already as to what I might want as a minimum to keep it rolling?
We are going to look them over today and test drive one......would like any help before I pull the trigger.

Last edited:

sandyx

Founding Member
Open diffs and mud never really gel. And the stock rubber sucks in mud. So when people take their new stock roxors into crazy mud & slippery slopes, it sure will give rather poor outcome. Give it the right tires and lockers and it will pull through any reasonable mud. Give it a lift & it will do some more. Neither is it a Subaru that glides over mud, nor is it a mud plugger off the shop floor. It's heavier and need to be equipped accordingly.

Rockaberry

Open diffs and mud never really gel. And the stock rubber sucks in mud. So when people take their new stock roxors into crazy mud & slippery slopes, it sure will give rather poor outcome. Give it the right tires and lockers and it will pull through any reasonable mud. Give it a lift & it will do some more. Neither is it a Subaru that glides over mud, nor is it a mud plugger off the shop floor. It's heavier and need to be equipped accordingly.
Planning on tire upgrade for sure. Would the Warn Hubs help at all or are they even needed if lockers are installed? Not like I am going to go mudding be we do have slick spots around that just always seem to be wet and slimy.

B

Bister

Planning on tire upgrade for sure. Would the Warn Hubs help at all or are they even needed if lockers are installed? Not like I am going to go mudding be we do have slick spots around that just always seem to be wet and slimy.
A good start if you need a bit extra is the Spartan Locker in the rear. The front hubs aren’t necessary if you just start with that but they are nice if you are not using 4x4 much just to disengage the front end. A lot go with the tire upgrade first, for me I felt the rear locker was a better route for my use and areas I drive. I’ll probably be adding the front locker next.

Rockaberry

A good start if you need a bit extra is the Spartan Locker in the rear. The front hubs aren’t necessary if you just start with that but they are nice if you are not using 4x4 much just to disengage the front end. A lot go with the tire upgrade first, for me I felt the rear locker was a better route for my use and areas I drive. I’ll probably be adding the front locker next.
Do you have a part number for that rear locker? It would be for a 2018

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Some people like yourself are going to need extra equipment to get around. I like taking my roxor up trails and country roads and that's about as far as I go with it. I personally installed the Mile Marker 481 locking front hubs to help improve my mileage and otherwise the 4 wheel drive is just fine for me. You on the other hand it sounds like lockers, bigger tires and a lift kit is in order. I'll bet you could probably have your dealer set it up or maybe a factory direct custom order would work well for you. Just remember there are many roxor owners here and some of us need the extreme equipment and others just won't

Rockaberry

Some people like yourself are going to need extra equipment to get around. I like taking my roxor up trails and country roads and that's about as far as I go with it. I personally installed the Mile Marker 481 locking front hubs to help improve my mileage and otherwise the 4 wheel drive is just fine for me. You on the other hand it sounds like lockers, bigger tires and a lift kit is in order. I'll bet you could probably have your dealer set it up or maybe a factory direct custom order would work well for you. Just remember there are many roxor owners here and some of us need the extreme equipment and others just won't
We will see how it works.
With a little luck we should have it delivered to the house Mon. or Tues.
Glass windshield, bikini top, srteet legal kit is all we went with for now.....
Thanks for everyones input......
LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!

sandyx

Founding Member
Do you have a part number for that rear locker? It would be for a 2018

2018 and 2019 are all the same mechanically. These components been on it since at least 2004 and the axle assy maybe as old as Mahindra itself. So all the aftermarket parts that went easy into 2018 should do the same with 19 as well. They just altered the tune, added sump guard from factory and maybe some other lil bits for the 19. And of course the 1k hike!

Frank O

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
changed tires to 275/70/16 Maxxis Bighorns worked pretty well in mud, went anywhere my friend did in his Ranger.