ooooooooooo

2022 Roxor Photo

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This photo seems to be making its rounds all over the internet today.

* I removed the photo. It appears roxor did not want that phot to get out and I’ll respect that and will take it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well now that we're seeing pictures I think we can safely say they will be up for sale. Hopefully soon......

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the updates and keep them coming.

@Campyman: sounds like you are ready to buy a new Roxor about 2 years after you sold yours.

I'm curious to see how they will be priced and if anything besides the sheet metal changed on the machines.
Also, I will be glad to see availability of service parts improve (and maintained for years to come).

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No it doesn’t look like a Jeep. But that’s the point. I’m excited for it. I’ll build one. It’ll look great built. It’ll look even better crossing the finish line at king of the hammers up on the Jumbotron.

You the man Max, I’ll cheer you on!

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the updates and keep them coming.

@Campyman: sounds like you are ready to buy a new Roxor about 2 years after you sold yours.

I'm curious to see how they will be priced and if anything besides the sheet metal changed on the machines.
Also, I will be glad to see availability of service parts improve (and maintained for years to come).

It almost looks like they have changed the ROPS on these to cover just the passenger compartment, or is the ROPS not all one piece and needs to be put together for the bed section of the vehicle???

Either way, I can't wait to get one.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good observation.

There was 3 different ROPs available 2 seat “pickup”, 4 seat, and the standard fast back style. I wonder if they will make the pickup rops standard now to part is looks even further from a Jeep.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ya, they made it so we don't confuse it with the FIAT one..... Ahhh Yes ..You know, that famous car made them found along European highways ..... with its hood open ...

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
As will aftermarket front end conversion kits.

I assume On The Rox is already working on a hood to go with the grill and flat fender conversions.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

At first I thought all that open empty room on the front end looked kind of strange, but after I thought about it, I thought they're probably thinking ahead and making it as easy as possible for the aftermarket kids to build it out to possibly a few different looks, as well as functionality to suit the end user.

Now I just hope that On The Rox and others who are thinking about aftermarket front ends, maybe come on this forum and start asking what we the buyers would like to see, and then plan and build accordingly. Not just build some thing and say here, this is what you get. Kinda like the old Model T.....you could get any color you wanted, as long as it was black.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This photo seems to be making its rounds all over the internet today.

View attachment 9634

Thanks Fiat.

Took something nice and ruined it out of spite. That front end is disgusting. I’m glad I have a 2018 model as I wouldn’t buy that without a plan in mind to convert it back to the pre-lawsuit design. Not long ago I took a Wrangler out for a test drive and felt it was the most uncomfortable ride I’ve ever had. I took it back to the dealership and said “nope”

My Roxor was far more comfortable.

whiteroxorssr

Thanks Fiat.

Took something nice and ruined it out of spite. That front end is disgusting. I’m glad I have a 2018 model as I wouldn’t buy that without a plan in mind to convert it back to the pre-lawsuit design. Not long ago I took a Wrangler out for a test drive and felt it was the most uncomfortable ride I’ve ever had. I took it back to the dealership and said “nope”

My Roxor was far more comfortable.
I also have a 2018 and bought it because of the retro look.

Tokarev

I also have a 2018 and bought it because of the retro look.
I'd bet the jeep styling was what attracted most of us to these vehicles.

So now is the ROXOR name recognized to the point that the 2022 model will sell? I hope so. While I don't like the new front end I still want the model to succeed. More sales equals more aftermarket.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let’s not start bashing the new design… Mahindra obviously didn’t want the change either. They did what they had to do.

From a manufacturing stand point I understand the design. They needed to retain the same tub and make a front end that matches the unique body lines. The curved hood cowl the bead rolled in the rockers and need to use simple dyes to press out the body panels to keep costs down.

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. I could care less about looks. It’s the function that I want. And under it all, it’s still the strong capable utility vehicle it was.

It’s not going to help to start bashing it. It’s never going to look like a Jeep again. That’s over. Let’s move on.

Tokarev

Let’s not start bashing the new design… Mahindra obviously didn’t want the change either. They did what they had to do.

From a manufacturing stand point I understand the design. They needed to retain the same tub and make a front end that matches the unique body lines. The cured hood cowl the bead rolled in the rockers and need to use simple dyes to press the body panels to keep costs down.

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. I could care less about looks. It’s the function that I want. And under it all, it’s still the strong capable utility vehicle it was.

It’s not going to help to start bashing it. It’s never going to look like a Jeep again. That’s over. Let’s move on.

I've said on the forum several times that ROXOR should have gone with an M151 front end. Flat fenders possibly but at a minimum turn the grill slots horizontal.

But maybe they explored a similar idea and decided to go the "ugly" route to completely stay off Fiat radars. Will it work or will FCA find something else to cry about?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s basically what it is… just with a full width hood.

The narrowing hood and flat top fenders where a part of the trade dress infringement so yes they stayed clear of that.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

From a manufacturing stand point I understand the design. They needed to retain the same tub and make a front end that matches the unique body lines. The curved hood cowl the bead rolled in the rockers and need to use simple dyes to press out the body panels to keep costs down.

Well said

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think it could easily be manipulated shall we say to make it look like the original. So, in that case I think they did what was best across the board for everyone. I’m sure it will be very soon that several will come out with retro kits if people want one, where there is a market there will be an entrepreneur

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks find their own following whether Jeep-like or not. The legendary heritage of the basic vehicle was not erased by the silly lawsuit. Roxor still occupies a unique market niche that FCA rejected. The concept of an affordable, rugged, build to the limits of one's imagination off-road vehicle remains a clear winner. If MANA has taken wise advantage of this long layoff to listen to the comments of initial buyers, incorporated a few simple performance enhancements and improved support infrastructure, the newest Roxor will be better than ever. Return to production is great news. Welcome back.