ooooooooooo

2022 Roxor/CJ8 project

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where did you get that sweet looking airfilter set up? Since that one company stopped making them for Roxors' a few years back we are left to use chevy S-10 filter setups.
$26 eBay universal cold air intake. To make it work you cut a 3” piece out of the factory pipe for a connection to the new metal one. I used the clamps off the factory one. Seriously I spent $26 total to do it. I’ll see if I can get a link to it for you

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where did you get that sweet looking airfilter set up? Since that one company stopped making them for Roxors' a few years back we are left to use chevy S-10 filter setups.

4788568E-956E-45DD-8705-4D67C6E6C1CB.png

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I tried out the filter that came with these kits and one trip down a dirt road and the inside tub had a dust layer. Use the tub but fit a quality filter to it. Don't use K&n get a dry filter. K&N get better at filtering as it get dirtier, that I don't want on my units.

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t try to weld it solid, just multiple tacks. If you don’t you’ll warp the door skin.

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Update with doors on. Gotta make a bulkhead for behind the seat next. Seems a bit crowded inside. Thinking about cutting the top and adding 4-6”. More leg room and I can put the roll bar in the cab instead of outside the cab like cj8 scramblers are. Don’t judge the paint I’m experimenting with different colors. It will all be the same in the end. Using durabak 18 for paint. It’s like rhino lining without the bumps- smooth. They use it on mostly on boat decks. They’re limited on colors. Only one red and it’s bright & I’ve been tinting it with black trying to get it right or as close to the factory as I can.

720ABA37-60C5-4806-9A73-730FE84BC74F.jpeg

BenARFCOM

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
W
Cj7 windshields not only fit but you get wipers and windshield defrost vents already built in the frame. Plus cj7 doors will mate with the windshield frame all the way to the bottom of the door. That’s where you begin to graft the cj7 door frame profile going across the bottom of the door and up around the back of the door to the flat part the top sets on.

Oops

Should have kept reading...

GPG

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Cj7 windshields not only fit but you get wipers and windshield defrost vents already built in the frame. Plus cj7 doors will mate with the windshield frame all the way to the bottom of the door. That’s where you begin to graft the cj7 door frame profile going across the bottom of the door and up around the back of the door to the flat part the top sets on.
Hello,

Question on ordering a CJ7 windshield. Does this work with leaving roll cage in place do you think? I want to keep all rops to support the weight if a guy goes over. Also was it a kit or specific year you ordered for?

Thank you

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello,

Question on ordering a CJ7 windshield. Does this work with leaving roll cage in place do you think? I want to keep all rops to support the weight if a guy goes over. Also was it a kit or specific year you ordered for?

Thank you
Obviously the front of the rops has has to be modified to be left on there. Others have done this….. just look around