ooooooooooo

2022 or 2023? Which one if at a similar price?

NewFarmBro88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey, All! I have an opportunity to buy either a 2022 or 2023 brand new, both the base models (I think they're HD, but the listings are a bit confusing...) Price difference is about ~$1,000. I understand that there's a bit of a difference in specs between those years, so I'm not sure what to go with. I think the engine is different (from 2.5l to 2.7l), some cosmetic differences (which don't really mean all that much to me, I'll be modding mine.), and a somewhat robust improvement to the suspension. Is there any paperwork that lists exactly what the differences are? Is a '23 objectively better that a '22? Any advice will be appreciated, TYSM!!

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There are a number of good threads discussing the differences and you should be able to download spec sheets from the Mahindra Roxor website. However the most important thing for you to consider is that the 2.5L has well proven ECM tunes available, but the 2.7L ECM appears to be encrypted and there are currently no tunes available. Hopefully Diesel Freak will come out with one some day, if he is able to crack the encryption, but who knows if or when. If you want to drive on the highway, you will likely need a tune, but if you are just driving offroad and not making a tractor tired mud slinger, you likely will not need a tune. Others can jump in if they disagree with my need for tune comment.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2022 has softer springs, and is tunable. I have a 22 with tune, lift, and big tires, i love it. 5000 trouble free miles since last fall. Burns 3 quarts of diesel per hour in the woods.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The 2022 has the older style tail lights. The newer machine has Flush LED's.
The Oil Fill is Twist on on the 2.7L where the 2.5L has a Plug Fill. No big deal, but a slight improvement.
I am not 100% sure how big an issue the Tune would be for me. I guess it would depend on where you drive it. Where I live I will be on gravel roads and trails, or in town. Not much driving over 40 MPH ever.
A consideration could be tires if you are planning on swapping them in on bigger tires from the start. NEW Goodyear Wranglers should swap much better than no name tires made in India. I know that the 2024's I have looked over have India Made Tires.
I am in the same boat picking between 2022/2023/and 2024 machines.
I may have even more information after a Recon Run next week to look over holdover 2022/2023 machines.

Bob R