ooooooooooo

1st Oil Change

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let me start with... I’m not following the manual for the Roxor. Why? It’s not the space shuttle or formula one race car. And I’m sure there are some tolerances to maintenance on those also.

Now that’s out of the way, I did my 1st oil change at 500 miles, actually 478, instead of the recommended 300. Wow, I’m such a rebel. It’s a fast tractor with a bullet prof engine. And isn’t it a lot easier to track 500 miles from last change instead of 300 odd ball. My next change will be at 1 year or 7500 instead of the one listed on the manual. Look up other Mahindra oil change interval for the same engine. 1500 miles for a diesel is dumb. With synthetic and 7 quarts it should last at least 10k miles.

I’m not doing a video because it was stupid easy to do. You won’t need a jack or jack stands. The oil drain plug is close to where the filter would drip from as you unscrew it. Mine only let loose a few drops as I removed it. Drain plug looks to be 22mm. I used a crescent wrench so that took care of that. Step one on draining and replacing filter is easy to do. As you can see I mark my filters on day and miles.

Oil drain plug has a magnet on the tip. You can see it has minimal metal filing noted for an engine recently broke in.

Now the only goofy part, filing it up. The oil fill well has a baffle/splash or debris shield that makes this part a minor chore. By the way I put my hood all the way over to rest on the wind shield frame. Just use caution.

Hey was hoping to get the spout of the 1 gal of Rotella oil in to the fill and dump it in. That baffle reduces it down to a dribble speed probably less than what you can pee. So now I employed the use of the funnel and measuring beaker to meter the oil in to the engine. Unless you don’t care about oil pouring all over the engine, this is it. And oil did back up and burped bubbles if I went too fast.

At 6 quarts the level showed almost to the middle of the add and full marks. At 7 quarts it was a tad below the full. Who knows how precise the marks on the dipstick are but I’m confident where it lies. The capacity is listed at 7.4 quarts so a .4 quart difference isn’t going to kill it.

That’s it. Don’t forget to turn the engine over (I did it at the 6 quarts fill) and let the oil filter fill up.

Note: oil fill cap is retained by 2 oil rings in the cap/PVC vent. It can be tough to wiggle out at first but as soon as it’s out it’s easy off and on.

Hope this was helpful and thanks for tuning in to the daily Roxor with Arizona 1266. Me.

AF443F7A-2A8D-40D9-856A-E13A5A036D21.jpeg 7F55DE57-3CB0-4CA2-B3B3-46AE8C54C990.jpeg 21CF8272-BD49-4CD7-B227-1DEF2D6C3172.jpeg 75DD4A4E-0DEF-4EEA-A597-7CBA478C0063.jpeg B814EB2B-6AC2-4D01-9AFB-2A18E2CFC2E3.jpeg 3FD56B38-4CAD-410B-B40B-CCB812C75318.jpeg 04AD4090-6905-4D82-A7B8-67E35B28E62F.jpeg F03EF1EF-53FA-4952-8319-DDEA27799636.jpeg

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
What is the purpose of the baffle at the oil fill point? It really slows the fill process down.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is the purpose of the baffle at the oil fill point? It really slows the fill process down.
Im going with primarily to prevent debris from falling into the valves. Likely a mod from original design.

Or as the cap is also the vent maybe reduces pressure to prevent from blowing the cap off as it just held the n place with o rings.

Im just taking an educated guess here. I was wondering the same thing.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All of my tractors have the baffle. My Mahindra 5500 included. Keeps debris out. I also think it keeps you from filling the valve cover with oil when you pour too fast. I guess that could cause a valve cover leak (At least that's what the tractor dealer said when I did my first tractor oil change many years ago, and ended up with oil all over the top of the engine because I did not know about the baffle.) The baffle also reduces the amount of oil spurting out if you happen to remove the plug when the engine is running. (found that out by dumb experience as well.)

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That makes perfect sense! Strange how the Mahindra dealer didn't know that. Thanks

whiteroxorssr

I just completed the first oil change on my Roxor. It is a 22mm socket for the plug. A filter wrench is helpful because you can't get your fingers around the filter. I bought a big mouth funnel and put a 2" to 1-1/2" Furnco fitting on the funnel. The fitting fit tightly inside the oil fill so there was no oil spilling. I did the oil change at 10 hours as recommended. For a $50 oil change I am not taking any chances!

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let me start with... I’m not following the manual for the Roxor. Why? It’s not the space shuttle or formula one race car. And I’m sure there are some tolerances to maintenance on those also.

Now that’s out of the way, I did my 1st oil change at 500 miles, actually 478, instead of the recommended 300. Wow, I’m such a rebel. It’s a fast tractor with a bullet prof engine. And isn’t it a lot easier to track 500 miles from last change instead of 300 odd ball. My next change will be at 1 year or 7500 instead of the one listed on the manual. Look up other Mahindra oil change interval for the same engine. 1500 miles for a diesel is dumb. With synthetic and 7 quarts it should last at least 10k miles.

I’m not doing a video because it was stupid easy to do. You won’t need a jack or jack stands. The oil drain plug is close to where the filter would drip from as you unscrew it. Mine only let loose a few drops as I removed it. Drain plug looks to be 22mm. I used a crescent wrench so that took care of that. Step one on draining and replacing filter is easy to do. As you can see I mark my filters on day and miles.

Oil drain plug has a magnet on the tip. You can see it has minimal metal filing noted for an engine recently broke in.

Now the only goofy part, filing it up. The oil fill well has a baffle/splash or debris shield that makes this part a minor chore. By the way I put my hood all the way over to rest on the wind shield frame. Just use caution.

Hey was hoping to get the spout of the 1 gal of Rotella oil in to the fill and dump it in. That baffle reduces it down to a dribble speed probably less than what you can pee. So now I employed the use of the funnel and measuring beaker to meter the oil in to the engine. Unless you don’t care about oil pouring all over the engine, this is it. And oil did back up and burped bubbles if I went too fast.

At 6 quarts the level showed almost to the middle of the add and full marks. At 7 quarts it was a tad below the full. Who knows how precise the marks on the dipstick are but I’m confident where it lies. The capacity is listed at 7.4 quarts so a .4 quart difference isn’t going to kill it.

That’s it. Don’t forget to turn the engine over (I did it at the 6 quarts fill) and let the oil filter fill up.

Note: oil fill cap is retained by 2 oil rings in the cap/PVC vent. It can be tough to wiggle out at first but as soon as it’s out it’s easy off and on.

Hope this was helpful and thanks for tuning in to the daily Roxor with Arizona 1266. Me.

View attachment 1671View attachment 1672View attachment 1673View attachment 1674View attachment 1675View attachment 1676View attachment 1677View attachment 1678
Remove the dip stick when you fill with oil. It will not burp or bubble and will take oil fast

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any after market Oil filters out yet? It’s time to do that first oil change. I know WIX makes a few filters for Mahindra tractors. Anyone heard of other options besides the dealer!?!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Haven’t seen any. But dealer price isn’t too bad. Amazon price is a lot more than my dealer charges. Think I paid $9.

B

Bister

Order it via the online parts catalog and put in your dealer and you should get it for $6.99 plus whatever taxes there are. Someone else did that and they got them for that, but I can't remember who now.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 10.32.05 AM.png

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 1671View attachment 1672View attachment 1673View attachment 1674View attachment 1675View attachment 1676View attachment 1677View attachment 1678
Remove the dip stick it will take oil fast