ooooooooooo

Oil filter

MAGAHAWK

Any one came up with a Wix number ( or any brand ) oil filter?
WIX actually manufactures one of the best oil filters in the industry. When they offer a wix engineered direct cross reference then I will switch from Mahindra filters. I know nothing about Mahindra filter quality but have 40 years automotive aftermarket parts experience at Dealer, Jobber, Whse Distributor, and Factory Mfg levels and am confident with WIX. All filters must meet engineering specifications not only for size but also for quality of filter medium, micron size, anti drain back valve specs, relief spring pressure specs as well as burst pressure and cold flow rates. Some are at or even below min standards (FRAM) and some meet or exceed manufactures specs. Just because it will screw on does not mean it will properly service a particular engine properly. WIX stands behind their products, so once they have an official listing for the Mahindra application and or a cross reference you can be assured of engineering approved application that will exceed OE specs. There are of course other high quality brands but WIX is the most widely available. Check out some youtube videos on wix tear down comparison with other brands such as Fram.

Also: I have contacted K-N engineering dept for air filter info and will post anything new regarding Roxor application.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree, Roxor parts site is messed up! Just go to wwwSherwoodtractorinc.com - super web site easy to navigate and reasonable prices and shipping. My dealer parts 'Kid" is incompetent, nice enough guy but no training or experience - I won't bother to walk in the door any more after using Sherwood. My last order: 2 oil filters, 2 drain plug gsk, 2 air filters, 1 fuel filter was shipped to AZ for $13 freight. And oil filters were only $6.99 (my dealer jacks them up to $15) Just set up your own "parts bin" and stock it with frequently needed service items and replenish as needed. Cost a few bucks initially but makes life a lot easier. That way you'll always have what you need on hand.
try it ... you'll like it :cool:

Any chance you could type out a list of consumables with part numbers that I'll need so I can get a few of each ordered form that website you mentioned? This is my first off road project and all the help I can get is greatly appreciated. I don't want to order the wrong stuff and put it on there and mess something up. Also how many miles or hours are we supposed to go between oil changes? what about hydraulic fluid and all the other things I don't know anything about? Thanks in advance!

B

Bister

Any chance you could type out a list of consumables with part numbers that I'll need so I can get a few of each ordered form that website you mentioned? This is my first off road project and all the help I can get is greatly appreciated. I don't want to order the wrong stuff and put it on there and mess something up. Also how many miles or hours are we supposed to go between oil changes? what about hydraulic fluid and all the other things I don't know anything about? Thanks in advance!
The first oil change should be after the first tank of fuel or about 300 miles or 10 hours. After that the book has all the info in it, but it is quite low, I change mine at 5000klms (3000 miles).

I keep an oil filter and fuel filter on hand, but my dealer is only 26 miles away and has stock. Probably good to keep a few oil filters and crush washers, at least one fuel and one air filter if you're not close and you're ordering anyway. Not sure of the numbers. If your not sure what to order, they probably would be more than happy to also take an order by phone and set you up.

Can you not get from your local dealer or do they mark up the MSRP?

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The first oil change should be after the first tank of fuel or about 300 miles or 10 hours. After that the book has all the info in it, but it is quite low, I change mine at 5000klms (3000 miles).

I keep an oil filter and fuel filter on hand, but my dealer is only 26 miles away and has stock. Probably good to keep a few oil filters and crush washers, at least one fuel and one air filter if you're not close and you're ordering anyway. Not sure of the numbers. If your not sure what to order, they probably would be more than happy to also take an order by phone and set you up.

Can you not get from your local dealer or do they mark up the MSRP?

I live in Texas and I bought it in Virginia because I got a deal on it. I haven't even got it to Texas yet. I need to figure out a way to transport it here. I think there is a dealer up by Austin and I know there is one in Houston. I just wanted to have all the parts on hand and I'm a millennial, I order everything online :)

B

Bister

I live in Texas and I bought it in Virginia because I got a deal on it. I haven't even got it to Texas yet. I need to figure out a way to transport it here. I think there is a dealer up by Austin and I know there is one in Houston. I just wanted to have all the parts on hand and I'm a millennial, I order everything online :)
I would check with the dealer you bought from if he sells at MSRP (or with a discount cause you bought there) and if so, get a bunch of stuff from him and check his shipping practices fro future stuff. He might treat you good if he was good enough to buy from. I'd give him a chance first; but that's just me. lol

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would check with the dealer you bought from if he sells at MSRP (or with a discount cause you bought there) and if so, get a bunch of stuff from him and check his shipping practices fro future stuff. He might treat you good if he was good enough to buy from. I'd give him a chance first; but that's just me. lol
Good idea, Thanks! I will probably have questions in the future

MAGAHAWK

The sherwood website is very easy .......even for millennials ?

Peder53

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree, Roxor parts site is messed up! Just go to wwwSherwoodtractorinc.com - super web site easy to navigate and reasonable prices and shipping. My dealer parts 'Kid" is incompetent, nice enough guy but no training or experience - I won't bother to walk in the door any more after using Sherwood. My last order: 2 oil filters, 2 drain plug gsk, 2 air filters, 1 fuel filter was shipped to AZ for $13 freight. And oil filters were only $6.99 (my dealer jacks them up to $15) Just set up your own "parts bin" and stock it with frequently needed service items and replenish as needed. Cost a few bucks initially but makes life a lot easier. That way you'll always have what you need on hand.
try it ... you'll like it :cool:
Can’t get to the Sherwood website!