ooooooooooo

Winters coming, first diesel with questions.

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I have zero experience with a diesel motor and winters. I doubt I'll drive the roxor at all this winter once they start salting the roads here in Michigan. What do I need to do in order to winterize it? Also now that it's starting to get cold and will be reaching the 30's soon at night, do I need to take any other precautions like fuel additives etc? Sorry for my ignorance, I normally dump some stabil in my gas engines tank and pull the battery for the few months and never had issues.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Keep the diesel tank absolutely full to prevent condensation. Thus preventing water build up in your tank. Water in diesel a very big problem.

Last edited:

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Diesel Kleen w Cetane and anti gel.
I use this in the winter. Couple ounces every time you fill up. Never had gelled your Diesel when using.
There is a summer blend. I use in summer.
difference is the anti gel.
I have absolutely had better MPG when using.

23FEE11E-6992-49FD-800D-B85D7788CB66.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have not used it, but I know most Northern/colder climate places sell winterized diesel. I agree with PineCreek I use the same stuff in my Roxor and HMMWV.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in AZ I do nothing...However I would recommend a diesel additive with anti-gel and as recommended above keep the tank full. Also don't forget to put the battery on a trickle charger. The roxor seems to do well in cold weather but without a heater and a cab I'm not sure the occupants would do well.

Ridem32

I’m in Mississippi. Our winters are kinda mild. We do dip down to 20 but not for long periods. I only use seafoam in everything I own It works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I use seafoam in my muscle cars over the winter when I don't drive them.