ooooooooooo

windshield cost

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
finished my windshield install and I will post my cost --- I used a 76 thru 86 cj7 frame from crown $ 182.00 glass $ 150.00 ( I feel the glass should have been around $ 75.00 ) I purchased some stainless steel hinges for hood and windshield plus lower door hinges and lots of other stainless goodies from craig list. I put them through the blast cab. as I want the black trim look. The frame from crown came with the window gasket and the vent gasket on the base of the frame as well as the upper soft top tracks and related hardware --- I powder coated the frame $ 80.00 -- long story short you can put a jeep windshield in for under $ 400.00 depending on how far you want TO GO --paint vs powder coating --- stainless hardware vs plain steel --- now glass replacement came be done nation wide --- wipers and linkage with motor under $100.00 I feel this approach is far better and less expensive than using roxor after market items

Pdphilson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oops forgot the picture
20181003_125947.jpg
20181003_130005.jpg

1930modelA

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You did a real clean install. Good job! I think that you are right, use CJ7 parts for a clean, foldable install. Your Roxor looks great!

Pdphilson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes bolt in with the exception of one Bolton each side. You can go without these. I drilled new holes and installed nut certs
Every body needs to check both diffs xfr case trans fluid level. Mine took 5 to 8 pumps of gear oil in each one
20180927_171710.jpg

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Looks great. I'm thinking of doing the same. Curious if others had the hinge bolt misalignment also.what size are the tires?

RFecht

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There was a very small gap between the "Mahindra" cowl and the windshield. I added the cowl gasket to the bottom of the windshield frame last night and it sealed the gap.

General

Founding Member
I'm in Yucaipa ca. A little snow every year soft top will do
Tires 32 X 11.50 LT X 15 on 15 X 8 inch rim
No rub problems
Hello @Pdphilson, I love your polished 15x8 wheels. What brand are they? I have some Pro Comp ones coming which look very similar to yours. Here's a link to mine: https://www.procompusa.com/wheels-p...=2336-1558-1551-1557&pqa=13671-8280-8056-8251

Also, I'm interested in your front wheel center caps. I have the warn locking hubs, too. I found this part on Morris4x4, and I'm wondering if it's the same model that you got. Pro Comp Front Open Center Cap, Chrome - Sold Individually

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
CJ Windshield Kit - shimmed out using 2 inch square tubing allowing use of roll cage

View attachment 1514View attachment 1515
Very Clever alternative to save the rollbar and still use a CJ7 windshield can I see a front view photo and could you explain in a little better detail how to attached the windshield frame to the rollbar, any drilling? spacers? Thank you and Please. I think i will be going this route.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stop and put down the drill. You don’t drill anything to remove the cage. It all unbolts.
And yes they are size 50. If you have one that fits a 3/8” ratchet you will need a universal joint.

Hey I'm trying to go for the same build, I'm trying to remove the roll cage but don't have a drill bit large enough for those rear roll cage mounts screws. Are those torx screws? And if so what size? 50, 60? Thank you.