ooooooooooo

Why not a contest from Roxor to improve the front end looks?

bosshoff

Let's face it, the redesigned Roxor just looks awful. Roxor blew it on that redesign. I was thinking Roxor should run a contest to have their customers re-design the looks of the Roxor. Clearly their guys were not up to the task, maybe one of the fans of the brand could do better? They would have to judge if the design would keep them in compliance with whatever deal they agreed to with J**P. What do you guys think?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm no engineer, but I would think that would take more than just design submissions. However, it is a great idea in concept.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let's face it, the redesigned Roxor just looks awful. Roxor blew it on that redesign. I was thinking Roxor should run a contest to have their customers re-design the looks of the Roxor. Clearly their guys were not up to the task, maybe one of the fans of the brand could do better? They would have to judge if the design would keep them in compliance with whatever deal they agreed to with J**P. What do you guys think?
I try and look at the positive side of things, when I drive my ‘23 I have no worries that someone will try to steal that ugly f*’%@“. I lock both doors on my 2018, it’s beautiful.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The problem is Mahindra originally tried to satisfy the court by just changing the grill in the 2020 model. While it was ugly, it kept the tapering hood and close set headlights, but was still not ugly enough. Mahindra was forced to widen the headlight spacing and the hood which is why it looks so bad now. You could easily make a new grill and reduce the headlight spacing, but unless you also replaced the hood, it will still look wrong with those unused spaces outboard of the reduced headlight spacing. Maybe you could add another set of lights in that unused space, but it will still just look wrong. Face it, we all like the original look of old, but that is now trade dress. At least we got the flat fender back, and buying a new Roxor with a diesel engine and Data 44 copies is far easier than restoring an old CJ-2A and putting in a diesel Kubota reefer engine.

RPD-Nick

Vendor
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I like the idea, sounds fun and a great way to get high quality input!
I haven’t been on here long enough to know if there’s a way for people to submit drawings/photoshopped pictures. Then have people vote on them. I could pass the top 3 designs to our CAD team to create real renderings and potentially create aftermarket options from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I like the idea, sounds fun and a great way to get high quality input!
I haven’t been on here long enough to know if there’s a way for people to submit drawings/photoshopped pictures. Then have people vote on them. I could pass the top 3 designs to our CAD team to create real renderings and potentially create aftermarket options from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a way to to a vote on here!